Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-19 03:55:19

**_dsynt_**

Publishing Full Motion Recording as a single SWF

My first project using Captivate was to create a tutorial with real time drag and drop actions. I chose the Custom option in Captivate so as to get a mix of both FMRs and graphic slides. When I published my project, there were multiple _Fullmotion.swf files that got generated. Also the slides in my Captivate file had a camera icon on them.

I did check other options but did not get the desired result which was to get a real time, smooth feel of the entire tutorial. Recently, I read a post in connectusers.com (http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … php?id=816) about ways to insert each of these _Fullmotion.swf files into a blank slide in Captivate as a "Flash Object". The post said that when done in this manner, Captivate will publish a single .swf file and that you can delete the slides that have the camera icon. Unfortunately, I ended up getting the same multiple _Fullmotion.swf files.

Here is how I worked out this option:
1) I inserted a blank slide
2) I imported the .swf file using the Insert > Animation option. The slide looked like a normal slide with no camera icon. But when published, generated the _Fullmotion.swf files.

Can someone tell me if this is the right method to insert a SWF file as a flash object? I'm desperately seeking for a solution...

#2 2008-08-21 08:09:46

**_rjacquez_**

Re: Publishing Full Motion Recording as a single SWF

You are doing everything correctly and while it appears that Captivate is still generating the _Fullmotion.swf files, these are all the files in your output folder that were already there initially.  In other words, what you need to do is to delete all the files from your output folder, and then re-publish your Captivate project, and you will notice that you now end up with a single .swf.

RJ Jacquez

Board footer