Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-09-27 23:23:22

cuc1423022024

Can Webinar Manager use a meeting that other meeting hosts created?

HI

My client will purchase 5 named hosts and 1 named webinar manager. is it possible for webinar manager can choose a meeting that other meeting hosts created for a event he sets up? I am kind of confused because I've heard that named webinar manager can have event manager function but if they also can use other meetings or seminar rooms that they didn't created.

or are they able to use seminar room under their my seminar room?

Looking forward to hearing from you asap as clients are standby.

#2 2015-09-28 14:23:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Can Webinar Manager use a meeting that other meeting hosts created?

As a reseller, I'm troubled to see that it looks like you are one as well. These are questions that you should know the answer to, or at the least, have an internal resource that you use to answer these questions.

Meeting Rooms and Webinar Rooms are mutually exclusive. They are licensed sperately and one cannot be used as another. Meaning a Meeting Romm can't be used as a Webinar Room and vice versa.

Meeting Hosts can use any Meeting Room they have host rights for. Named Webinar Managers can use any Webinar Room they have host rights for. This is true no matter who created the rooms.

Named Webinar Managers have access to the Events Module, and can associate the event with any obect in Connect that they have permissions to access. Most likely that will be Webinar rooms, but it could be anything in Connect depending on what other permissions or group memeberships that indvidual has.

The My Seminar folder vs. the Shared Seminar folder is for organizational and management purposes, much the same way the My Meeting and Shared meeting folders are. They should be treated the same.

Best of luck with your client.

Board footer