Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-27 11:17:56

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Audio out of Sync in Live Meetings

We are experiencing long delays in VOIP audio in our meetings. This is a new phenomenon that is making VOIP almost unusable.

We reported this to Adobe Tech Support but have no idea when it might be resolved.

They had two machines sitting side by side and I talked in to the mic at my end. One machine at their end received the audio instantly while the other was experiencing 10-15 second delays.

I could ask a question, they could provide the answer and then on the machine experiencing the delay, the audio with the original question would show up. Very frustrating.

This is obviously not a hardware or network issue and VOIP via Skype works perfectly.

Is anyone out there expereincing similar issues?

#2 2008-07-28 08:52:34

**_gajett_**

Re: Audio out of Sync in Live Meetings

Terry,

We experienced this w/ our licensed install at first.  Once we told the packet shaper to prioritize all traffic from the Connect machine, everything went well.

greg

#3 2008-07-28 13:41:54

**_anhyzer_**

This sounds like the problem I reported a few weeks ago in this thread:

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1074

I'd be interested to know if the workaround I mentioned there (use straight VOIP without the Camera and Voice pod) resolves the problem for other who have the VOIP issue.

--Chris

#4 2008-09-02 20:34:28

**_kova4_**

Nope - Im the guy in your other post - we can duplicate this issue on command - it happens when one user is talking WHILE the other person enters the voice pod - in other words - while you are speaking, have the other person activate their camera - this will cause a 2-3 second delay in their voice - if you shut up while they join it works ok - this is really wild - I have duplicated this problem with adobe tech support and it has to do with the upgrade to the new streaming server inside connect - it seems this new 7 relase was a pretty big rewirite - not just a few added features to the connect 6 - there are new processing engines behind the scenes that are not operating like the old system - I didn't realize how big the upgrade was until I downloaded 750MB compared to the connect 6 at roughly 350mb - I am waiting for the first SP -

#5 2008-09-03 09:30:31

**_jameslloyd_**

I too have experienced incredible VOIP delays in v7 (hosted).  We were meeting with a colleague in Beijing and the video was instantaneous but audio AT LEAST 30 seconds delayed.  We called her cell phone and continued the meeting that way.

Meeting recordings have also recently displayed loss of sync between VOIP and slide advance.

I am more worred for this product than ever.

Board footer