Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-24 13:06:21

**_rfrancis_**

Launch HTML Content from within Connect

My company has taken on a client that is looking to use Connect to launch the training we develop for them.  They do not want any tracking at this time. 

I've been trying to find any details on whether Connect will allow you to upload and launch an HTML based course.

Any details or experiences others have had would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 2008-07-28 12:58:32

**_forbes_k_**

Re: Launch HTML Content from within Connect

We have used connect to publish html files. Now these were nothing fancy; just a vanilla html page that had links to individual courses. Worked fine.  I don't think we were able to upload a .css file to the server, so all the styles had to be in the Header of the file, which was somewhat bulky.

#3 2008-07-28 15:07:21

**_rfrancis_**

Thanks for responses.  We did determine over the weekend that Connect can handle the content we'll be developing.

#4 2008-12-21 09:33:29

**_mark2741_**

I've used html content quite a bit in Connect. While it isn't perfect, what you're trying to do will work. Also, to forbes -

So long as you name the html file 'index', and zip up the stylesheet file with it, then it should work fine. I've not tried it, but I learned the hard way that in order to upload flash content that is not a single file (ie, one swf loads others, or uses an external xml file), it will work so long as you have an html file as the starting page for the content package. I would assume the same would work for an html with corresponding css file.

#5 2009-01-06 15:46:49

**_AChemey_**

Dohh!  I didn't click the "reply" button on my original attempt...

It's easy to import HTML/Javascript-based content into Adobe Connect. 

You can either import a single HTM file or a zip file that contains one or more HTM (or other) files.  The two issues to remember is that the root of the zip file needs to contain at least one HTM file and that Adobe Connect needs to know which HTM file is the 'launch' file (if the root of the zip contains more than one HTM file). 

If you have only one HTM file in the root of the zip - it doesn't matter what the name of the file is.  If there are more than one HTM file, the 'launch file' needs to be called either "index.htm" or "index.html". 

Finally, I know the original poster indictated they didn't care about tracking results back to Adobe Connect.  However, you never know when this might change.  Please check out my article and prototype for getting HTM/Javascript-based files to launch and track in Adobe Connect Pro (and Training).  It is EXTREMELY easy to use and quite useful, too.  Make sure to review the Walkthrough and the sample files for a quick demonstration.  The article and files can be reviewed at:  http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Regards,

Andrew

Board footer