Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-16 14:04:27

**_project359_**

Licensed Connect Pro7 Report Issues

I have a reporting issue that is driving me and my training managers crazy.

We have a number of active training sessions and all students have been listed under the training manager so that their progress can be viewed.

However, a student's report on a curriculum is only visible once they have completed the courses. We are not able to view current progress. Also, if a student fails one of the included tests, it will not display the curriculum results under their name.

I've been through all the settings and can find nothing that will allow us to view all of the results for all students regardless of them failing or yet to complete.

Any ideas?

#2 2008-07-18 08:14:14

**_scottrbw_**

Re: Licensed Connect Pro7 Report Issues

This is a big problem for us, as well -- manager reports as they currently exist only show the COMPLETION of a curriculum, not completion of individual courses within a curriculum.  (If courses are completed which are individually assigned to individual users, these show up as completed as well, but that gets very cumbersome quickly for a large implementation).

From what we've seen of the new "report wizard" (now due this Fall), this issue is supposed to be resolved ... unfortunately, for whatever reason, this functionality did not arrive on time for the release of version 7.  It was promised, but it doesn't work yet.  In our company, we call this  a "salami" launch (it comes a slice at a time, not all at once).

#3 2008-07-18 12:31:47

**_jameslloyd_**

Salami Launch, I love that. 

"My Salami has a first name, it's A-D-O-B-E..."

Oh my Project359 - and you're a licensed customer?  Do you have the report module (ie. there is a "Reports" link in the silver toolbar)?  We are hosted at Adobe and the reporting feature has been withheld from us until 'the fall'.

I know for a fact that I raised this issue during the Beta of Connect Training 7 and was reasonably assured it would be addressed, but if you're still experiencing this with the released reporting mod, then I am really going to lose all hope.

If reports cannot show learners who are not completing or behind in their training, then the Connect LMS is certainly of no use to a training organization. 

Colleagues, get your budgets for emergency condition red:

Boss, we gotta buy another LMS!

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-07-18 12:32:43)

#4 2008-07-21 14:48:41

**_project359_**

jameslloyd wrote:

Do you have the report module (ie. there is a "Reports" link in the silver toolbar)?

Yep.

The reporting side was marketed to us as a step up from what we had in Version 6. But the reports are pretty much useless.

The fact you can only add one manager to a candidate is irritating enough (even trying to administer the managers and candidates is enough to make you see red), but trying to get reports you can use is insane. Especially for a piece of software that claims to be for high-end users.

I often wonder, with all the wonderful logos they show you from all the companies that use it, has no one else complained about the reports?

For the time being, we are pulling the data out of the database ourselves and creating our own reports in another application.

Very disappointed with Connect right now, but then that's because I'm the one that gets all the calls from whiney folk asking why they can't see their candidate progress.

#5 2008-07-21 14:54:01

**_jameslloyd_**

The thing is that it shoulda/coulda been a great step up.  It looked just awesome in the beta release.  And the curriculum engine not updating often enough was clearly brought to the attention of the developers.

I really wonder what happened.  I suspect it's still the corporate culture-shock of merging Adobe and Macromedia.  Things still not moving along like they should.

Glad my stock is in Google - lol.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-07-21 14:56:02)

Board footer