Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-15 06:36:15

**_Patchouli_**

Downloaded recordings (FLV) - Editing or syncing....

Hi,

I have downloaded 2 meeting recordings to use as learning material on a website for a client.
My strategy was to edit out the little parts that were irrelevant with the recording editor. Found that I couldn't place the reading head exactly were I wanted.
So I decided that the final material being in a flash, I would code seek jumps to the precise timing.
Just to realize that I can't either in the flash.
I'm guessing keyframes lacking, but I'm not sure. The thing is first, there is no way for me to set the number of keyframes. Second, the editor is not precise enough, I think it jumps to every 15 seconds or so.

Anyone had the same puzzle, and found an elegant solution to getting recordings edited and published in flash ?

Meanwhile, I'm translating the FLV into an AVI so I can go on to Adobe Premiere and finally edit out what I want. I don't have to tell you that it feels like I'm connecting to China on a Montreal - New York flight..

thanks in advance for any replies ;)

#2 2009-02-04 16:01:43

**_mhuntley_**

Re: Downloaded recordings (FLV) - Editing or syncing....

Afraid I can't help, but I just want to second your concern that the editor does not allow good control of the In and Out points.

(a) I can't move the In and Out points to the second (let alone the frame),
(b) I always end up cropping awkwardly, and
(c) can never seem to edit out the first 10 sec. or so, which means that all my recordings begin with a burst of unwanted sound.

#3 2009-02-04 16:53:34

**_rjirving_**

Thirded. It seems to jump in 6 second steps when editing.

I wouldnt mind editing in another package if it was easy to get them as an AVI or MOV - I find 'Make Offline' a pain. I have sent a request to Adobe to see if they can make a downloadable recording file available in a future version of Connect Pro.

Cheers

RJI

#4 2009-02-05 09:33:59

**_mhuntley_**

Personally, I'd like better editing control of the native recording, rather than more options for output file format when saving to a movie.

For some contexts, it's very useful that those viewing the native recording have "almost like being there" access to the tools being used (e.g. a displayed file share pod has clickable links allowing user to download the files). You lose this, of course, when you create an offline movie.

#5 2009-02-05 13:35:53

**_gajett_**

If you've gone through the 'make offline' process, you have a .flv. 
Give RichFLV a try for your editing: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i … =0&Submit=

Free download.

Greg

#6 2009-03-12 10:37:54

**_MInnesLSNJ_**

I would like to voice my concern as a video production manager that the controls to edit need to be addressed in the future. Its not helpful if the playhead cannot be placed at a precise point. I also noticed that the playhead will backtrack when placed at then end of a recording, almost signifying that though visually it was the end, there was still more to play. Accuracy is just something that I would like to see improved on in this area, everything else is better than any other webinar app I've worked with.

Board footer