Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-07-31 07:29:24

Niwiro

Adobe Connect Recording Access

Hello,

I have an end user who is requesting an extra layer of security in accessing an Adobe Connect recording. I've informed them that the security offered within Connect is to set a passcode for the recording and make it public. This would still allow someone to copy and past both the link and passcode and share it with anyone.

Essentially they want to be able to share the link with people, but upon logging in to the recording they are required to enter their company credentials to view it. As far as I know this is not possible.

Does anyone have any information as to how this could be accomplished without designing a completely new internal security setup?

I thought I could use a hyperlink and change the text but the actual link can still be copied from that if someone knows what they are doing.

Thanks,

Nic

#2 2015-07-31 10:26:08

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect Recording Access

The best match to this in Connect that I can think of is to use the Events modulel. People wanting to view the recording would fill out the user registration/creation form. You could set it to automatic or manual approval (depending on if you want to review who is trying to access the recording prior to them getting access). From there you would track who is viewing the recording.

In the world of security there is a point where you have to decied if the juice is worth the squeeze. If someone really wants to get access to something, they'll find a way. It's hard to keep people from sharing credentials in any meaningfull way. If using the Events module you could also see who has watched the recording and then revoke their rights to watch it, thus rendering their credentals useless, but that turns into a lot of cycles for you to manage it.

Board footer