Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-07-10 15:26:10

cuc1435332004

Camcorder Use in Adobe Connect

Hi all,

Looking for advice for using a Camcorder in Adobe Connect's video pod. I'm leaning towards a camcorder particularly for the zooming and panning ability.

Any recommendations for a particular camcorder and ways of capturing the video and connecting it to a Windows 8 PC would be appreciated. Also recommendations for connecting to a Macbook Pro would be appreciated.

Not interested in sending to other services then bringing into Connect (I want to be Adobe Connect recording to include the video shown).

A few years ago I used Osprey capture cards for this. I'm hoping the alternatives out there have improved. Also not really interested in those little USB dongle types of connections, they seem very flaky to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 2015-07-13 10:47:36

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Camcorder Use in Adobe Connect

For a Windows computer, you will need to ensure that the camera's image is seen by Windows as a webcam. If it doesn't you can use DVdriver ($20), http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm, and that should allow Connect to use any video input that you can supply to the computer.

I don't know of a tool that will work on a Mac, but it may be more forgiving as to the type of hardware being used for video input.

I don't really have any advice on the hardware, but if you can purchase something from a store that has a good return policy, you can always just start testing.

Board footer