Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-25 11:52:36

**_cliffatkin_**

Patchy VOIP

Hi there.  I just hosted a Connect 7 meeting using VOIP only, and experienced a problem where some participants (including me) could hear only patchy audio from some participants; while others could apparently hear the same participants just fine.  When I reviewed the recording of the meeting, the audio that I had heard as patchy during the meeting was clear in the recording.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?  Thanks!

#2 2008-06-26 23:02:32

**_monkst_**

Re: Patchy VOIP

First off, the recording itself is being done on the Adobe Server so it will record clearer than those listening on the other end cause it doesn't have that far to go to get recorded.  I have been using Adobe Connect Professional for over 2 years now.  What I can tell you about voIP is that it is very dependent on the settings inside the meeting room and your ISP.  For example, those who are wired in will have a better connection that those who are wireless.  Those who have their connection speed set to DSL/Cable are going to probably hear better than those who set their connection speed to LAN and last but not least, depending on your internet connection, if there is a drain on your networks bandwidth during the meeting, this all can pull from what is available to use during your meeting and your audio and video can suffer.  Are you monitoring your latency when this happens and if so, does it creep up or remain the same?

#3 2008-06-27 23:06:00

**_kova4_**

Re: Patchy VOIP

I got the same problem - I have been using lic version of connect 6 sp3 for about 2.5 yrs - and just switched to 7 - I am experiencing patchy audio as well - this is not the hear and there scratch or pause - these are 2-3 second dropouts - weird thing is that video stays fine and if you log out and then back in - it works fine - this is NOT a latency problem - I have been on the phone with Tech spt and I am installing a fresh copy of 7 instead of upgrading from 6 as we speak - I will let you know if there is any change -

Board footer