Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-24 12:52:05

**_pafell_**

Strange Attendance Report Data

We regularly conduct webinars for external clients who connect to our licensed Adobe Connect server housed at our data center.  I routinely give our presenters an attendance report following the event showing them who attended their event.

I will often do a "Quality of Service" analysis of the attendance report looking for the following things:
1.  Attendees who have multiple login/logout entries.
2.  Attendees who have unusually short durations between login/logout (i.e. they were only on the webinar for 2-3 minutes).
3.  Attendees who show multiple logins that overlap.  (How does THAT happen?)

Occasionally during an event, the Attendee List will show names appended with a number such as "John Smith 2" and "Sally Brown 3" which would indicate that they have logged in again using the same ID while the first login is still active.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and perhaps knows the cause.  I suspect that it is likely a side effect of unstable connections (such as Wi-Fi or Citrix or possibly those connecting via VPN).

I haven't had anyone actually COMPLAIN about it :D so I'm not sure if this is just a log anomaly and the user experience is OK or they just didn't bother to report that they were having difficulty.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions?

Many thanks,
Paul

#2 2008-06-24 15:30:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Strange Attendance Report Data

The numbering happens when someone loses a connection and automatically reconnects. Because it is the same user only logged in again they get a number.

#3 2008-06-25 12:09:30

**_pafell_**

Re: Strange Attendance Report Data

That was what I assumed as well.  I'm guessing they get a message from Connect telling them that they are being reconnected so they are probably out of sync with what's being displayed until the connection is re-established.  And of course, if we were using VOIP for audio they would be toast.

What I'm really trying to get to the bottom of is what types of things cause these unreliable/intermittent connections.  If we know that Citrix and/or some VPN connections are problematic I'd like to add some verbiage to my e-mails that says "If possible, we recommend you avoid using VPN connections or Citrix to attend the webinar"...

Thanks!

Board footer