Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-24 08:38:02

**_gajett_**

audio in recordings -- gone?

i've had two reports of audio missing in recordings.  the meetings went fine w/ quality audio during the live session, but nothing but blips and pops of sound in the recording. 
i'm assuming (at this point) that since attendees could hear just fine, the host did what they needed to do correctly, in terms of setting up and using the meeting room.
any thoughts helpful!

Greg

-- we use connect licensed

#2 2008-06-24 09:28:04

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: audio in recordings -- gone?

Well Adobe changed our URLs to domian.NA3.acrobat.com last weekend. This caused me to be unable to associate our Premiere audio with the call. users could call in, but since the meeting room and the call were unassociated logically, I have no sound on the recording.

#3 2008-06-24 09:41:59

**_gajett_**

these were using VOIP.

I've never had the audio disappear before.  We are also using licensed, all hardware is ours. (we have aour own phone bridge, but it wasn't in use for the meetings in question.

#4 2008-07-09 21:32:15

**_kova4_**

have lic version also and have been getting patchy audio - during the meeting - loss of audio for 3-4 seconds and then audio ok for 5 secs and then broken up again - checked bandwidth and latency - both were excellent - this problem was only with one computer at a time - it wasnt like it came from the server, but was an addin problem - we put up a fresh install of c7 and still the same issue - i think i am going back to 6 -

#5 2008-07-11 10:00:03

**_anhyzer_**

kova4 wrote:

have lic version also and have been getting patchy audio - during the meeting - loss of audio for 3-4 seconds and then audio ok for 5 secs and then broken up again - checked bandwidth and latency - both were excellent - this problem was only with one computer at a time - it wasnt like it came from the server, but was an addin problem - we put up a fresh install of c7 and still the same issue - i think i am going back to 6 -

Similar problems here. We're running a licensed version of Connect 7. In a meeting with multiple participants using VOIP (all on a known-good high bandwidth network), audio will become choppy from certain participants to certain other participants. So A and B will hear C fine, but D is getting poor audio from C. Meanwhile, C and D hear A fine, but B is getting choppy audio from A. Who gets clear/bad audio from whom seems to change on a whim. It doesn't seem to be an audio transmission problem on the speaker's computer because some participants hear just fine.

With a little testing we determined that the problem seems to start when participants join the VOIP conversation by way of turning on their camera first (which turn on their mic too). If they instead lock the talk button on at the bottom, then turn on their camera, their audio is fine.

We've seen this problem in both clustered and single-server configurations. I'm going to try a clean install although it sounds like that's not going to resolve the issue.

#6 2008-08-08 08:57:34

**_kova4_**

It doesnt help - we rolled back t 6 and have alerted adobe - they are working on it - this is a BIG issue -

Board footer