Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-06-02 07:10:51

cuc1433246477

Publishing audio PowerPoint doesn't work :(

Hi Everyone, am I having a "du-uuuh!" moment or am I just not getting it, with Adobe Connect and Presenter?

Okay, I created a 2 slide PowerPoint, and used Presenter to record a voce over.  Fine.  It plays back fine, too, with Preview.  But then the problems start :(

1) If I click "publish", it goes through all the stages, signs me in to my Adobe Connect server (and the URL I have given is for the MY CONTENTS page - is that right?) but then a dialogue box opens, saying I can add to this page, but the "Ok" button is grey out, so I can't get any further than this.

2) I also saved it via "package" icon, then tried uploading it manually to MY CONTENTS / NEW CONTENT, but when I get through to clicking "ok", it tells me the zip file that Adobe Presenter itself has used is not a recognised file type!

HELP!

Thanks and best wishes,

David

#2 2015-06-02 10:23:13

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Publishing audio PowerPoint doesn't work :(

1) You should only have to give the URL for your server to Presneter, your login credentials will get you to the right location. For example h ttp://yourcompany.adobeconnect.com/ should be all that Presenter needs (minus the space after the h in http).

What you should see is the Publish to this Folder button:
Presenter%20-%20Publish%20to%20Connect.JPG

2) The Package function is used to pass the source files between users in the case of collaborating on a project. This ensures that all the appropriate files that Presenter uses to build the presentation remain with it when you pass it to another computer. Connect cannot use thse files. You would want to use the Publish to My Computer option and check the zip package button. Then you can upload the zip of the output file into the Content library through the upload wizard in Connect.

#3 2015-06-02 11:06:25

cuc1433246477

Re: Publishing audio PowerPoint doesn't work :(

Oh, thank you SO much: this has worked :)  I have spent hours trying to sort it :(  You've been great: thank you.  David

Dr David T Evans
University of Greenwich, UK

Board footer