Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-19 19:57:12

**_adorn_**

Connect freezes my computer

Hi-
I am a teacher using the Adobe Connect for my online classroom.  About 30 minutes into my lesson, my computer bogs down and moves so slow that I have to reboot in order to continue with the lesson.   I have not gotten an answer from tech support, and am hoping to get some help here.
Thanks!

#2 2008-06-20 06:32:28

**_gajett_**

Re: Connect freezes my computer

computer and use info might help:
computer - type (win/mac), processor/ram/connection speed and type (wired/wireless), what else is running?,
use - screen sharing, a/v pod, etc...

greg

#3 2008-06-20 14:03:33

**_adorn_**

I am using a dell laptop with a 1600 MHz processor with 512 MB of RAM, about half of which is used during normal computing.  I use it on a wireless setting and we have cable internet.  I leave nothing else running before I teach. 

While teaching I use the share pod to upload ppt docs and use the whiteboard overlay, and I also use the voice and chat pods.  Screen sharing does slow down my computer, but I do that at a minimum.

#4 2008-06-20 14:20:08

**_gajett_**

which OS?  XP? Vista?
anyway -- when you are in a meeting, what does the task manager say about process/cpu usage?  the connect add-in will probably be the top cpu user.
something else to check -- again in the task manager - from a restart or cold boot -- open task manager and look at the processes tab -- how many?

#5 2008-07-08 19:38:28

**_adorn_**

I am using XP...

Connect uses most of my memory(processes CPU usage usually tops 70+ after about 30 minutes and is over 90 by 45 minutes of use).  I have set the priority to below normal, and that seems to help some. 

from a cold boot i have somewhere around 35 processes

#6 2008-07-09 10:44:21

**_gajett_**

which browser do you launch your meetings from?  Firefox 2 has known memory leak issues which worsen over time.  That may be the culprit.  Otherwise it's hard to tell.  I've had satisfactory meeting experience on a machine w/ lesser specs than yours...

#7 2008-07-09 15:40:41

**_adorn_**

I am using explorer, so that is not the problem.  Thanks for trying to help me.

#8 2008-08-21 12:38:29

**_santhony_**

You can contact Adobe support to have them walk you through enabling the Connect Add in Debug log file - or look through the Adobe tech notes. with that file enabled and avaialable to support it might give them some idea as to what could be happening to your computer. (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … &sliceId=1)

Just make sure once you exit the meeting room at any point (lock up etc) to rename the log file since it writes over itself each time you join a meeting room.

another thing to try is uninstall and reinstall Flash - although I don't think this is the root cause, it may help. Previous versions of flash were not able to be removed through windows add/remove programs, but what you may want to do is go to start>control panel> add/remove programs and remove any version of Adobe Flash in there and then also restart your comptuer, and run this uninstaller to remove any other  versions not listed  http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=tn_14157. Once you do that, install the latest version of flash player and see if that may resolve some of your issue.

the other thing is make sure there isn;t anything else running on your comptuer at the same time using flash. Things like Yahoo messenger now embed flash ads inside of it, and that may be causing issues - although I doubt it.

Hopefully this gives you something to start with.

Board footer