Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-15 14:01:00

**_gmagerr_**

Connecting across different domains

Hi We have two domains, one for our internal network and one for our extranet. They are active directory domains with a one way trust configured (the extranet trusts the internal domain) We have a connect cluster on the internal domain and one on the extranet. I've gotten a hold of the bsa_ldap files and have configured the internal connect to pull users info from ldap. When they log into connect for the first time, a user account is automatically created and they are added to the meeting hosts group. I'm trying to configure the extranet to do the same. When one of our internal users log in for the first time, I want connect to pull their ldap info from the internal domain controllers and create their account. I'm trying to use secure ldap. I have all of the certificates installed on the servers. I can connect from the external connect servers to all of the domain controller external and internal vis secure ldap using the tool ldp.exe. If I open the ldap ports on the firewall and allow connect to hit the internal domain controllers it works, but if I open the ports for secure ldap from the external connect server to the internal domain controllers it does not work. Has anyone been able to accomplish anything similar? Can someone assist or point me in the right direction? I've found a few kb articles on adobe's site but not too much help.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2008-06-26 19:12:18

**_gmagerr_**

Re: Connecting across different domains

We figured out what was happening. I'll post it just in case anyone else runs into this issue. Our certificates are created at 4096 bit. Connect user JRE 1.4 which only supports certificates at 1024 bit, so we can't import our certificate into the connect certificate store. JRE 1.5 will import our certificates but not JRE 1.4 We have a incident opened with Adobe. Hopefully there's a fix.

Last edited by **_gmagerr_** (2008-06-26 19:13:22)

Board footer