Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-14 01:23:09

**_intranetsites_**

Switching from Gotomeeting

HI there everyone, excited to join the forum

I am  a long time user of WebEx and Gotomeeting and have just tried out the ConnectPro and  I am very excited, especially with the white board feature.

I need to be able to support clients on their remote computers. I am always look for a better way to seamlessly, quickly and painlessly manage my client's  screen.

Many clients freak out on the Gotomeetings  request for login name and email address and there the ConnectPro login is much better.

Connect Pro Issues: 

#1 I have  SLOW screen re-renderings??
Maybe I am just not set up right but 3-5 second delay on screen movements, Yikes.  Gotomeeting is about 1 second refresh and to the client is really quite seamless.
Help me optimize my refresh rates with ideas.  Is anyone else experiencing the same delays

When I am the presenter I find myself making a screen move, then I am talking to the client about it for 4-5 seconds and then telling them that I am now clicking this button so that the 5 second delay actually seems real time to them.

Getting the client to be the presenter and giving controls back to me.

In one case I  have found that the client has been unable to download the plug-in to be the presenter , how long should that LAN download take and install?

thanks so much for any reponses in adavance!!

Bill.... west coast Canadian

Last edited by **_intranetsites_** (2008-06-14 01:24:01)

#2 2008-06-14 13:01:30

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: Switching from Gotomeeting

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum... from a fellow Canuck!

The lag on screen sharing is something that you will probably have to live with. I've used GoToMeeting and while it's desktop sharing is faster than Connect, in all other aspects, Connect is a better solution all round.

The lag on Connect is quite variable and I've found that keeping the mouse moving or even additional mouse clicks can improve the response in Connect, but then again it might just be my imagination.

I assume you're already using the "Low Bandwidth" setting in the "Meeting | Room Performance | Screen Sharing" menu inside your Meeting Room. Beyond that, there's not much you can do.

With the move to higher speed servers this weekend and next, the response times may improve.

The download of the plugin for a guest to share their screen should usually take no more than 20-30 seconds in most cases.

Are you on a trial account right now or do you have a connect license?

Terry

#3 2008-06-15 18:32:13

**_intranetsites_**

Re: Switching from Gotomeeting

Shane thank you for the reply

A real person I can chat with about real world solutions GREAT!!

"Low Bandwidth" , well no I have high bandwith

In my tests I amd going between two computers side by side
both with high bandwidth.

5 second delay is pretty bad, but if they never see it I jsut have to remmber to speak aobut my actions 5 seconds later I may be workable

So what I'm tryiong to do is train you on your own computer so I jsut want you the client not to see much difference when I am monitoring his actions
Anotehr Problem ios the client smouse seems to skip around

Am I missing setting here??

Looks like I can make sure the client is in FULL Screen by my default setting,  that is good

the partial window screen forced on them would scare many of my clients

Do love the white and see GREAT potential

Last edited by **_intranetsites_** (2008-06-15 18:32:45)

Board footer