Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-04-29 10:08:13

Kerenfu

Few users are hosting a meeting

Hi,
When few users are hosting a meeting at the same time, I've noticed that the participants can see their cursors moving around the screen inside the Adobe Connect meeting window.
Is there's an option to hide them?

Thanks!
Keren

#2 2015-04-29 10:20:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Few users are hosting a meeting

In the Meeting go to the following. Meeting > Preferences > General. There you will see the different options for showing the Host Cursors, including turning them off.

#3 2015-12-01 06:55:21

cladman

I use Connect to train from 1 to 10 people, and use a number of layouts, each containing perhaps 10 share pods. These pods contain a file from my Content files. Does the number of Layouts and/or the number of share pods reduce my bandwidth even though I am using only one layout at a time?

#4 2015-12-01 18:41:21

Jorma_at_CoSo

@cladman

This would be better asked in a new thread.

Having addtional layouts will not demand a greater amount of bandwidth. The contents of your 10 Share pods are the items that will demand how much of your bandwidth is needed. That can be a lot to load all at once, but different types of content load differently. You can watch your up and down bandwidth deman by clicking on your connectivity status indicator at the top right of the room.

#5 2015-12-02 16:04:31

cladman

Sorry about the thread location. Newbie here. Thanks for the info. Most all of the share pods are small pdf files that have been loaded up to My Content. I had 5 people on this morning and there was some lag when I shifted to a new layout, perhaps 10 seconds. After that it appears that things went pretty smoothly. What type of files load efficiently?

#6 2015-12-02 17:08:33

Jorma_at_CoSo

With 10 documents trying to load at the same time, you may get a temporary performance hit. This would likely happen with multiple PDF, PPT(X)/Presenter, SWF or JPEG/GIF objects as they all want to have an innitial load in each user's instance of the meeting room. MP4/FLV content won't start preloading untill you select the play button, but I'm not sure that will help you at this point.

You best bet is to try reducing the number of documents in the layout (10 pods of any type makes for a busy room) and see if that helps. Otherwise just expect that changing to a new layout may require you to stall or pause for a few seconds until everything has a chance to load for the attendees and yourself.

Board footer