Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-02 04:36:34

**_Gary_F_**

Administrator very slow

Logging in to the administrator is really slow today (10:00am GMT) and when I eventually got to set up a new meeting I waited 5 minutes after submitting the details and it eventually refreshes and gives me the URL.

Is the Adobe server under pressue? The admin resolves to this URL: http://connectpro86929122.emea.acrobat.com
Would this be a European server since I'm in the UK?

P.S. Even editing details of a meeting takes 4-5 minutes waiting for the server to respond. Our Internet connection is fine - a random selection of websites are fast to access.

#2 2008-06-02 12:26:37

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: Administrator very slow

Hi Gary,

There's a serious issue affecting all accounts on the emea cluster - I believe that it serves European accounts.

One of my customers has his account on that cluster and we write the software to query their meetings and content via the API. The response times on their account are about 12 - 20 times longer for each request than on an identical account on a different cluster.

There's no explanation from Adobe on what's happening but the service levels are way down at the moment and it's causing aggravation all round.

If you can get any updates on what's going on, I'd appreciate knowing as we're pulling our hair out with timeouts and other problems as a result.

We've never seen this before as Adobe is usually very good about uptime and service. I think there must be serious issues that were introduced by the move to COnnect 7.

#3 2008-06-02 12:47:13

**_Gary_F_**

Terry, thanks for your reply. I was hoping someone from Adobe would reply and perhaps apologise. Ha-ha! I see Connect receives the same level of support that Adobe's other products do. :-( Customers spend a lot of money with Connect (I'm paying by the minute per user!) so you'd think a) they'd provide good service and b) respond to serious issues raised on the user forum.

If there was another product as good as Connect I'd be using that instead.

#4 2008-06-02 16:40:30

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Hi Gary,

I've filed a complaint with Adobe about this and perhaps they'll provide an update or an explanation.

By the way, if you're paying per user, per minute for Connect Pro, you're on the wrong plan. Contact me directly and we can discuss a flat fee (all you can eat) Connect Pro license that will save you a ton of money in the long run. You may be surprised at how little it costs.

Regards,

Terry

#5 2008-06-11 11:18:54

**_jameslloyd_**

I can concur with this situation, but it has always been this way.  I find that the top of the hour is usually a bad time to access account administration and I suspect it is because the servers are busy managing Connect Meeting startups.

I also find that the servers are really busy when the western US starts it's business day - about 10am to 1pm US Central Time for me.  I try to avoid doing most of my intensive administration during these hours.

Our hosted account is being moved sometime this month (it's another Adobe Mystery as to when it will actually happen).  It will be interesting to see if things change.  I still think that the top of the hour will always be a stress on the servers because of meeting logins.

See my complaint about the hosted server change at this thread: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1043

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-06-11 11:19:35)

#6 2008-06-11 12:33:40

**_Gary_F_**

It's not just at the top of the hour, I was still waiting for a good 4 minutes to edit the meeting details at 20 past the hour. It's scary that a large company like Adobe can provide such a painfully slow service and not even bother to acknowledge complaints or hint at a possible resolution.

They're not short of money and the demand for Connect shows they really ought to be throwing more servers into their datacentres. I'd be ashamed to offer such a slow service to my own customers.

#7 2008-06-11 15:03:24

**_jameslloyd_**

You'd think that , yeah.  But you'd also think that the adobe.com pages would be fast so they could impress new customers, but wow, have you ever tried to access the support portal?  Wow, that's molasses in those pipes!

Board footer