Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-01-25 07:19:00

bobtbright

Online elearning colloration

Hi. I have some questions. I want to set up an online meeting between two groups of students - (possibly 6 - 8 in total). I have set up a one to one meeting in Adobe Connect before but have not worked with a group. I want the students to collaborate on a number of tasks and for me to be able to observe them as they do so and to provide assistance where necessary. My questions are: what status do I give them to allow them to work together effectively. If they work in pairs or threes, should I create breakout rooms in advance? If so how do I do that and how to assign students to rooms - or can they do it on the spot? What will students see on screen during the meeting - a number of video screens of participants? a video shot of whoever is speaking at one time? Something else? Which site would be best for getting simple, clear information about online collaborative meetings, which I could digest and implement quickly? (I don't have a great deal of time in which to experiment and familiarise myself with the tools. Finally, what would be the best way to post tasks in Adobe connect so that the students could work systematically and independently through them (i.e. they would be observed by the host / teacher, but would work autonomously - following the instructions posted in AC or accessed by them elsewhere (such as through a VLE) beforehand? Many thanks for your help.

#2 2015-01-26 12:04:02

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Online elearning colloration

bobtbright,

You have a farily complicated need for Connect. This isn't to say you can't be up and running quickyly, but what you are asking for a lot of help here. If you are working with a Reseller, I'd ask them to help you put together a POC on a trial account or on your production account to help you better understand the workflows involved.

Here's what I would suggest:

"what status do I give them to allow them to work together effectively?" - Users should be Presenters in the room to be able to interact with all the pods provided.

"If they work in pairs or threes, should I create breakout rooms in advance?" - Yes, this seems like the most logical path to allow groups of people to work together in the same meeting room.

" If so how do I do that and how to assign students to rooms - or can they do it on the spot?" - This is an old tutorial, http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … breakout/, but the content is still relevant.

"What will students see on screen during the meeting - a number of video screens of participants? a video shot of whoever is speaking at one time? Something else?" - This depends on what you provide in the room. Generally speaking only one person will be sharing their screen at a time, but you could place multiple share pods in the breakout rooms, or whatever else you want. Short answer, they will see anything you put in the breakout rooms.

There is a lot of good information on this site between the forums and the tutorials. Try using the search bar at the top right of the page to find more information about what you are looking for.

As to the tasks, it sounds like you may want to look at the training module, but if they are tasks that need to be done live in a meeting, then maybe a simple notes pod would do the trick.

#3 2015-01-26 18:20:40

bobtbright

Re: Online elearning colloration

Thanks Jorma - that's extremely helpful - and many thanks.

all the best

Board footer