Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-29 18:17:56

**_pjones_**

Importing video in Connect 7

I just updated my connect server to version 7 and installed the latest version of presenter. I have a presentation that I want to insert a quicktime video onto slide 21. When I choose to import the video everything appears to work (although a blank placeholder is inserted on the slide). When I choose "edit video" the video plays in that window. When I publish it locally to my computer and view the content the video plays correctly. However when I publish the presentation to the connect server and view the content from there the slide with the video just says buffering. What am I doing wrong?

#2 2008-05-30 13:16:23

**_paresh_**

Re: Importing video in Connect 7

How are you publishing the content to connect server. Are you using Publish to Adobe Connect Pro tab using Presenter or are you using meeting sharepod to share the ppt/pptx file to the meeting from the desktop.

Thank You,
Paresh

#3 2008-05-30 17:32:31

**_pjones_**

I am publishing from the adobe presenter menu in powerpoint. If I choose to publish to my computer the file runs correctly. However if I publish to our adobe connect pro server the slides with the imported video do not play. The control bar for the presentation says buffering.

#4 2008-05-30 17:43:00

**_winsorams_**

I am jumping in because I have the exact same problem.  See my post: HELP! Flash files and buffering."

#5 2008-06-01 04:34:52

**_philip.roy_**

I had this same problem in testing the pre-release (but it was too late to report it) and wondered if it might be down to what codec is used in the original movie file?

Phil

#6 2008-06-02 16:47:05

**_pjones_**

Ok today I noticed that if I use the web browser on the Connect Server to login to the web interface and access the content the slides containing video play as they should. However, accessing the content from another machine through the web those slides do not play.

#7 2008-06-03 13:25:38

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Try converting the video to FLV before inserting it into the presentation you can use free services like http://www.media-convert.com. See if that works better for you.

#8 2008-06-03 17:17:08

**_pjones_**

The problem does not depend on the file type. I've tried importing both quicktime and flashvideo.

#9 2008-06-06 18:12:32

**_catholicon_**

pjones wrote:

Ok today I noticed that if I use the web browser on the Connect Server to login to the web interface and access the content the slides containing video play as they should. However, accessing the content from another machine through the web those slides do not play.

A similar problem is reported here

#10 2008-06-09 11:34:18

**_pjones_**

catholicon wrote:

A similar problem is reported here

FIXED! Thanks so much for posting that. To open Port 1935 on the Connect server: Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions > Add Port...Give it a name and enter the port number. Then everything works!

#11 2008-07-01 15:51:15

**_abeavers_**

Does this mean that all users must have this particular port open?  I thought users only needed to have Flash Player installed in order to view the presentations.  I'm having the same problem, but opening these ports isn't working for me.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?  FYI - I'm new to this so bare with me.

#12 2009-04-20 23:05:24

**_mschwachter_**

This happens to me also.  Interestingly, while viewing the Adobe Presenter output on a pc while in connect add-in, the videos play perfectly.  Only a few play on the mac.  Very strange.  Also, playing the videos from the Presenter produced zip file on the mac locally works perfectly.  Bottom line-  inconsistent video playback on mac while in meeting.  Perfect on a pc.  FYI-  the flv's themselves play on mac and pc if uploaded directly into the meeting.  Please Help.  Hosted account.

#13 2009-04-22 20:22:09

**_mschwachter_**

Additionally,  removing connect add-in restores playback functionality! Must be a bug in the mac add-in.

Board footer