Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-20 13:10:03

**_jameslloyd_**

v6 to v7 - seminar room lost template & content - anyone else?

Wow, the same thing happened today that happened with the v5 to v6 update.

Our primary training seminar room was working great - I uploaded Thursday training slides and links then at 11:30am central time I went to grab a screenshot of the room for the presenter and - BAM - got this error message:

"System Error

The Meeting Room could not connect to the Connect Pro Server. Please re-launch the Meeting Room or refresh your browser to restore the connection."

I re-launched the room several times and then at 12:10 while on the phone with Adobe Support, the room opened.  But all layouts and content were gone.  A single note pod was in the single layout named "Presentation" which stated:

"The template you are looking at is the one we use if the default template feature is not working."

OUCH!  I have to completely rebuild our primary training room but since Adobe is investigating, I have to use another room, which will break our usage statistics between 2 rooms (and force us to communicate a new url for the training).

And this EXACT same thing happened with a meeting room (not a seminar room at that time) when we went from v5 to v6.

Anyone else?

OUCH, Adobe - OUCH!@

#2 2008-05-20 13:11:31

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: v6 to v7 - seminar room lost template & content - anyone else?

Did anyone see my post about cancelling all training during the upgrade?

man, I shoulda'

#3 2008-05-23 10:19:29

**_jcooper9099_**

I am in that same situation except I was told by Norian at Adobe tech support that they had never seen this before.

My primary training room was deleted as well!!!!!! All conent, Flvs, swfs, powerpoint presentations and layouts were deleted. It was set back to the regular training layouts.

I also lost several rooms to the "if you see this note...." problem.  I can no longer make copies of rooms by using a custom template either, as this causes me to get no layouts.

Also we were told By Adobe to NOT RESCHEDULE OUR TRAINING becuase the upgrade would be transparent and happen over the weekend.

Well here we are at day 7, experiencing "intermittent" issues on our hosted account.

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2008-05-23 10:20:02)

#4 2008-05-27 10:02:02

**_jameslloyd_**

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in this jcooper.

I think it's interesting that a lot of the Adobe PR (the webinars for new customers) is pointing to this site.  It'll be good for people to know what's really going on and that Adobe really needs to focus on communicating clearly with us, their customers.

Anyone know yet when Adobe plans to REALLY release the new reporting features of v7?  Our division director is really quite disappointed.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-05-27 10:08:16)

#5 2008-07-29 16:02:33

**_jMerrill_**

We have been experiencing this template issue for months now and have found no resolution even after engaging Adobe. We are still on v6 and can find no pattern or resolution to this issue. This error appears to be sporadic and unpredictable.  Has anyone with this issue been able to successfully resolve this issue? If so, what steps did you take?

#6 2008-07-29 16:13:16

**_jameslloyd_**

Hi jMerrill,

I used a different room for 2 weeks while Adobe mulled my support ticket.  After 2 weeks I realized they would not admit or acknowledge the error, so I rebuilt the original room.  Since our program has been promoting the url attached to the room AND since you cannot edit custom assigned urls, I decided to risk continuing to use the original room.  It's been fine ever since.

It pretty clearly seems like a database error to which Adobe will not admit.

Adobe could go along way to restoring my faith by saying - 'oops, yes it looks like the database didn't respond at the time you opened the room so the system lost all links to the room setup'.

But silence from Adobe - shatters me man, just shatters me.

#7 2008-09-08 15:47:18

**_roysdenc_**

I know this thread is a little old, and there have been many updates to connect (small ones) since 7 came out, but here is my experience.  We had the same thing happen to us after the upgrade and a couple of times since.  We found a common thread to be when Adobe was making these minor updates we always had problems.  Since I get emails letting me know they are coming, we just keep our eye on the important stuff after the update to make sure we still have everything.  At one point, I was talking to Adobe and they let me know that when they were making one of these updates they did not copy all of the data from some folders to the new location they were moving them to.  I had my stuff up and running after a few hours from finding this.  They said they found a common thread with the files that were missed, and were going to move everything for everyone else (which tells me they are getting lazy, affecting everyone, and have no idea how to do things as simple as file transfers correctly).

It has been a month or so since I have seen this issue on my end, so I hope all of you have gotten things sorted out as well.

Chris

#8 2008-09-17 09:45:36

**_jameslloyd_**

Interesting update Chris, thanks for the info.

I should note that we've not had this happen again since the 6 to 7 conversion.  But I've not created many new rooms since then either.

cheers
-
j

#9 2009-07-23 17:20:50

**_lhmcmull_**

Hi All,

Wondering if you have had any additional information on this issue.  We are attempting a migration of data and content from 6.3 to 6.2 (for SAP EL integration) and we are seeing two issues.  About 1/3 of the meetings display the missing template message, another 1/3 show a blank meeting board and have no available layouts, and the remaining 1/3 work fine.

We are still trying to determine if this might be a versioning issue by examining creation/mod dates of the meetings and underlying templates but have yet to find a discernable pattern.  Note, all meeting function without issue in the 6.3 system.

My next stop is hunting for DB discrepencies...

#10 2009-08-31 11:31:28

**_lhmcmull_**

OK turns out it was a versioning issue.  After attempting migration on like versions of ACES6.3 for SAP and ACP6.3 the issues have disappeared.

However now we are getting a "Request not processed" error inconsistently.  There are two host machines and both seem to be throwing the error intermitently regardless of content/meeting type.  I have adjusted the HOST_ID table records to address only two host accordingly.

Any help appreciated...

Last edited by **_lhmcmull_** (2009-08-31 11:32:38)

#11 2009-09-02 06:54:11

**_woolfi5589_**

You should have some logs regarding your "Request not processed" within the logs under "\logs\support\apps\_defaultVHost_\..." if this error occurs while entering a meeting room.
You might want to search for the exact log within that folder. Make sure to have the SCO_ID ready as the log is stored within a folder which name is the SCO_ID of that meeting.

Regarding the other isse you mention here. So far I was able to observe this during an upgrade if something went wrong.
I do know that there is a problem while upgrading from Connect 7 Update 1 to Connect 7 SP2. For this to be fixed you need to run a script on the SQL-database. This has something to do with the burstpacks.
Usually the main problem with templates not showing anymore is that the Connect Server tries to access them wrong. Either the HOST_ID mystically changed or the host is entirely flagged as not active. Another issue here - as far as I have observed - is that if you move Connect to another server you might run into problems with the HOSTNAME within the database as well.
Connect is case sensitive on the HOSTNAME of the server. If you have renamed the server HOSTNAME or moved to another server with a different HOSTNAME you might have a problem here as well. I was able to fix this issue by changing the database entries accordingly.

Another issue might occur while having more than one host machine. Sometimes part or all of the content is only available on one of the host machines. If there is a request on the host which does not have the content you will get the template error back as well.

I hope some of those things might help you out on finding a solution.

#12 2009-09-02 09:02:51

**_lhmcmull_**

Thanks woolfi,

We actually resolved the "Request not Processed" issue through a bit of trial and error.  Note, this was occurring intermitently for either meeting or content.  Some of the help notes associated with this message relate directly to HOST_ID validity.  The instructions advise opening all records for the PPS_ENUM_DATA_HOSTS and PPS_SEQUENCES table and sending Adobe Support the results.

One of the first issues I resolved in migration was reconciling all records in the HOST_ID (FK) dependent tables to reflect a valid target HOST_ID.  I decided to reconcile the target PPS_SEQUENCES table's sequence range to the source table since Adobe support emphasized it's importance.  This resolved the intermitent "Request not Processed" issue and improved performance by a good bit.  TWO FOR ONE!

Near as I can figure, the sequence range was too small to support the larger data pool.  Once it was increased, the system could buffer a more intensive request through the DB.

Thanks,
Lee

#13 2009-10-29 12:33:43

**_ignescent_**

lhmcmull :

In regards to reconciling the HOST_ID tables - did you just do a replace on the entries in the various tables ( PPS_ASSET_HOSTS, PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS, PPS_SEQUENCES, and PPS_TRANSCRIPTS ) to point to the accurate HOST_ID reference in the dbo.pps_enum_data_hosts table?  I've inherited a rather messy installation of Connect and am trying to clean it up.

Thanks

cait

#14 2009-11-04 14:14:34

**_lhmcmull_**

This is basically how I handled the tables mentioned.  Note, since each system/situation is different, ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN PERIL :)

PPS_TRANSCRIPTS had all null values for host_id and PPS_SEQUENCES required deletion of the invalid host records.

Only PPS_ASSET_HOSTS and PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS required update for my system.  I suspect you could delete the invalid host_id records from PPS_ASSET_HOSTS and PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS and over time they would rebuild.  However, I was concerned about response time for the prod system.

Steps to handle HOST_ID tables:

Create temp table for PPS_ASSET_HOSTS with all records
Create temp table for PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS with all records

Update odd HOST_ID's to 1 in both temp tables
Update even HOST_ID's to 2 in both temp tables

Delete all records with status = X from PPS_ASSET_HOSTS_TEMP
Change all records with status = X to R from PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS_TEMP

Create distinct table for PPS_ASSET_HOSTS_TEMP with all records

Verify distinct PK in PPS_ASSET_HOSTS_DISTINCT_R
Verify distinct PK in PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS_TEMP

Turn off PK relationship for PPS_ASSET_HOSTS and PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS

Delete all records in PPS_ASSET_HOSTS
Delete all records in PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS

Insert all records from PPS_ASSET_HOSTS_DISTINCT_R into PPS_ASSET_HOSTS
Insert all records from PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS_TEMP into PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS

Turn on PK relationship for PPS_ASSET_HOSTS and PPS_SCO_ACTIVE_HOSTS

Last edited by **_lhmcmull_** (2009-11-04 14:15:37)

Board footer