Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#26 2011-05-26 12:12:12

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: SP1 Problem? Cannot access any meeting rooms

Ok, so I know that there are resellers active on this forum, myself included, and I feel that we can bring good support and information to the community from our knowledge of this tool, and exposure to many clients with varied use cases. But, I want to be clear, that the intention of this community is to help and support, not to pitch sales or products. If you want to advertise about what you sell and where you sell it, we have the Partner Offerings forum, where you are welcome to say what you want.

Please keep the sales discussions there, or offline.

Thank you.

#27 2011-05-26 12:18:58

**_Maldivas11_**

I apologize.

#28 2011-05-26 12:21:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Not a big deal, I know it's hard to resist the urge to throw it out there sometimes, but with 4 of us commenting on one thread, I just wanted to make sure we didn't get into a "My reseller is bigger than your reseller" conversation.

#29 2011-05-26 12:34:35

**_Maldivas11_**

That was not my intention.
Of course I want to help the community as best as I can and on the other side to recover information for the spanish market because most of the spanish users are not connected to this forum.
Again I apologie.

#30 2011-05-26 15:31:49

**_Matt_Live_**

And if anyone's making sales out of the fact that I could not get into my OWN room when I AM the named host, then I think at least 10% should be coming my way :)

#31 2011-05-26 15:48:59

**_Maldivas11_**

I did not have the intention to make sales as I explained before.
I just tried to help spanish users. The way of selling Connect in Spain is different that in the States.

Anyway Matt you can of course enter in your own room  if you are in the right group :)

#32 2011-05-26 15:53:31

**_Matt_Live_**

Hijole maldivas, that was only a joke :)  Estoy bromeando!  But truth is, due to the glitch I could not get into my own room, even though in the right group.  But it was all sorted out by monday morning.  All fine now!

#33 2011-05-26 17:01:47

**_Maldivas11_**

I know you habe been joking!!!!:)

I was joking also. You cannot imagine how I expend my week with end users calling me with the same problem...
Everything works now so everybody happy.

Dou you sepeak spanish?

#34 2011-05-27 03:08:07

**_Matt_Live_**

Ah, lost in translation.  Yes, I speak Spanish pretty well - I love Spain!  And have lived in Mexico and South America - hence words like 'hijole'!  I'm happy too. All working fine now :)

#35 2011-05-27 03:14:17

**_Maldivas11_**

I guess you have been living in Mexico because the word Hijole :)
Come to Spain when you want :)
You will be welcome

#36 2011-06-07 06:25:00

**_majenboo09_**

I don

#37 2011-06-08 02:27:25

**_Maldivas11_**

Dear Bajenboo:

I

#38 2011-06-09 07:55:20

**_kunoFM_**

gprivat wrote:

We are reverting the fix in an emergency maintenance release tonight to make sure you can still use Adobe Connect with a plan to address it in the future but with a proper communication plan so that you have the time to adjust the configuration of your system to the named host licensing model.

@Adobe: Will this emergency fix be published and when will it be available to licensed customers?

Even Adobe Sales recommended the named organizer model, knowing it would not meet the licensing definition. So it would be nice move by Adobe, to allow some time to adopt a new license and/or reorganize the meeting booking procedure.

#39 2011-06-09 18:55:22

**_gprivat_**

No, we are not reverting the fix for license deployment.  Thanks.

#40 2011-06-14 16:47:08

**_jayknight_**

I'm a bit confused.... I think we are experiencing this, and we are on a concurrent-user license.  It's hard to nail down exactly what the behavior is, but:

All users are registered  (account created via API), we don't want/need guest access.  In these examples, users are registered and have participant permission (not host) unless I specify that they are a host.
If guest access is not blocked, logged in users can always enter an empty meeting (I think).
If a host is in the room, logged in users can always enter. (duh)
If guest access is blocked, logged in users can sometimes enter an empty meeting, but then try a few minutes later and they get the "meeting has not yet started" message.
I can't tell if this is time-based, or based on them entering other rooms between the working and non-working entrance (Because we're testing with several rooms in quick succession right now) or something else.

One scenario:
Room has guest access blocked (available to registered users): non-host user can't get in.
Host enters and leaves, then same non-host user can then enter the empty room.

Another scenario:
Room has guest access blocked (available to registered users): non-host user can't get in.
Admin changes room to allow guests, then same non-host user can enter.
Admin changes room back to block guests, same non-host user can still enter. (But then later can't)

The annoying thing is that I can't figure out the pattern.  Can someone tell me if this is the expected behavior and I'm just missing something?  We were under the impression that a host did not have to be present for participants to join a meeting and begin to interact.  I've also posted in this thread, I don't know which one is more relevant, sorry if I'm being spammy.

Last edited by **_jayknight_** (2011-06-14 16:48:25)

Board footer