Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-07-01 15:56:07

cuc1404247105

Adobe Connect API

Hi,  I would like to know if Adobe Connect API provides a way to emulate the "Make offline"  to be able to download the video.

Thanks.

#2 2014-07-01 16:53:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect API

I suppose the API call is technically:

?pbMode=offline&page=m&width=1024&height=768', false, 'sessionID', screen.width, screen.height, true

This may not be in the API documentation, but it is the call that is made when you select to make an FLV version of the recording. Keep in mind that the recording must be done locally, using the add-in, and will still be a real time conversion.

#3 2014-07-02 11:33:11

j_chartg

OK!! Thanks for the answer  Jorma_at_RealEyes.  Now, we can expose the recording video making it "Public", while doing this we get an URL and we even can set  a password, so,  are there some  web services in the API that let us  to do both actions??

#4 2014-07-02 13:11:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. If you are trying to find the API call to make the recording public and set a password, here is where I would start playing.

When you click on the Access Type button to change the permissions of a recording you make a call for :

change-recording-access

I don't see what gets modified by the Flash widget, but it may be (Shown Here):

principal-id=public-access

Now, assuming that the passcode function is the same as the meeting passcode function, I would make the same call, only calling the SCO id for the recording (Shown Here):

meeting-passcode

It may take some trial and error, but if you feel so inclined, you can start tinkering. But, I have no guarantee that any of this will work!

#5 2014-07-03 11:54:17

j_chartg

Thanks again Jorma!

OK, let me try to explain what I want to do with the API.

1. Create meetings.
2. Invite users to the meetings.
3. Record the meetings.
4. Create the "URL for viewing" to shared to the users. 

I have seen that the API provides services for the three first points, so my doubt is about the fourth point. By default the recording is set to Private, as  a host of the meeting room we can get the  recording's "URL for viewing" in the meeting room while setting the recording to Public.   So my question is if the API provides a web service to create that "URL for viewing".

#6 2014-07-03 12:19:49

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ah, no. The URL created for the recording is an automated process and is done when you tell the meeting to start the recording. If a custom URL is important to you, then I would recommend that you pull down the recording source files (add /output/yournamehere.zip?download=zip to the recording's URL) and then re-upload the source files to the Content library. Since it will be a new content object, you can create a custom URL for it.

Board footer