Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-04-24 12:38:11

cuc1398360478

tracking views of recordings

Hey all,

This post is about tracking participants.  I see two sides of this.  Tracking participants in the live session and then tracking views of the session recordings.

To track numbers in the live session- I export a spreadsheet of those registered for the session and then cross reference names in the attendee pod at the start and finish of the webinar.  Low tech maybe but this is how I do it- I have to report attendance.  The session attendance never varies by more than 10 people total.  Sessions typically have 20-50 people. 

Next, tracking recording views.  I've been using the method described at the following link to track the number of recording views.  http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

This method just spits out a number with no more detailed information.  Over time, the numbers go up. These numbers are considerably higher than the number of attendees in the live session with the highest number being almost 500 for a single session that had 50 live participants.

I just spoke with a colleague who told me that this number (500) is not what I think it is (number of people who have viewed the recording) and that there is no way to track recording views in Adobe Connect-only participants in the live session. 

What say you all?  Is he right or am I right?

#2 2014-04-24 16:03:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: tracking views of recordings

The meetings track individuals who attend (registered users or guests) which can be accessed through your means (attendee pod list), through the By User or By Session reports in the server UI or through the API functionality (not dissimilar to what you are using for recording views, but with user specific information).

The recordings are considered content, and track differently. The number you are pulling down is the number of times the recording has been accessed. So your number of 500 could be 500 unique views or a combination of the same individuals accessing it multiple times as well as some unique views. However, there is no method do differentiate that with the standard content reports, as user specific information is not tracked.

However, recording tracking has changed with version 9 of Connect, so if someone accesses the recording as a registered user of your Connect account, Connect will track their viewership, duration of viewing, etc.

Meeting%20Recording%20Views%20-%20By%20User.JPG

If the recording is publicly viewable, then you will likely not see this information in a report, since Connect will never ask for user credentials, and thus not track the specific user's viewership.

Board footer