Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-02-18 15:29:14

cuc1392753901

Corrupt FSO (Flash Shared Object) files

We have started to see an increase in rooms crashing and are not recoverable.  Rooms show up as blank or we can not access the room any longer.  We are currently hosted by Adobe.  When an issue like this comes up, we log a support ticket and are later told that there is nothing we can do and that we need to re-create the room.  I don't like this answer as it does not help us to keep this from happening in the future.  Has anyone else come across this in the past and what did you do to avoid it?  We currently have two aftermarket pods, Cachet and a location map (found on the Adobe Extensions download page).  Could these aftermarket pods be causing our issues?  We have seen 4 or 5 recent similar issues like this recently.

Thank you for any help you may provide.

#2 2014-02-24 05:18:20

Abhinav Arora

Re: Corrupt FSO (Flash Shared Object) files

Hi cuc1392753901

Can you please elaborate a little more on the problem faced by you. When you say that you cannot access the room any longer, then what happens? As in can you tell me the details of what you get when you ty to access the room. Also if possible, could you give me access to any of these crashed rooms. That ways I may be able to get a better idea of your problem.

Thank you
Abhinav

#3 2014-02-25 14:37:54

cuc1392753901

Abhinav,

What we are seeing is that we when we try to log into the room, it never loads or if it does, all we see is a gray screen and not the content that was pre-loaded.  After contacting support, we are told that we just need to rebuild the room.  This has happened many times before and we always get the same response to rebuild the rooms.  What we are looking for is an answer to what we may be doing wrong that could be causing the problem.  In case you are from Adobe Support, the latest ticket number you can reference is #185152306.  The link to the room is:

http://johndeere.adobeconnect.com/r516fca1fxo

Thanks,

Luis Duran

#4 2014-02-28 02:32:02

Abhinav Arora

Hi Luis

I will have a look at your room and get back to you within a couple of days

#5 2014-03-12 15:22:01

cuc1392753901

Any one else have this issue?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

#6 2014-03-12 18:31:56

James Booth

Hi Luis,

I very much doubt that location map could cause any such room issues, it sounds more internal to the Connect database / cache on the server your room is running on.

Have adobe provided any more answers / response?

Location map is used a lot every day by hundreds of different Connect systems in various configurations and versions, and we, and adobe use it daily, so if it was causing these issues we would know (we have three Connect systems our selves covering all current flavours and versions).

Are you always ending your meetings using the meeting menu?  This can flush caches on the hosted system which can cause issues if stale etc.

Also, are you using the default templates?  If so, try editing them to rebuild them.

#7 2014-03-14 04:17:14

Abhinav Arora

Hi Luis

I think James' analysis makes sense to me. What I see here is that your template gets cleared out. When I opened your meeting room, I got a blank meeting room. Could you please rebuild this room again with appropriate pods, so that we can get logs , when the meeting comes up again?

Thank you
Abhinav

#8 2014-03-17 10:42:59

cuc1392753901

James,

Adobe has not provided us any answers in the past.  When they review the logs, they say that there the rooms became corrupted and that there is nothing we can do, but rebuild.  I want to make sure we are not doing something that causes the corruption and when I ask them for a root cause, they do not have one and tell me that they can't do anything for us, which frankly, I just don't really like.  We don't use the End Meeting because we re-use the rooms for classes and we allow students to log in before the instructors arrive.  Initially, we did have our folks end meetings, but our dealer network complained.  We are not using the defaul templates.  We created our own and create our rooms based on them.

Abhinav,

We already rebuilt the room and that one is working fine.  Here is a link to another room that is having an issue.

https://johndeere.adobeconnect.com/test01/ 

I contacted Adobe about this room in January and we are in mid March with no resolution yet.  It connects and then disconnects.  Basically, it gets into a loop of connecting and then disconnecting.  We have no idea why and Adobe doesn't either.

Thanks for all of your help!

Luis Duran

Last edited by cuc1392753901 (2014-03-17 10:50:39)

Board footer