Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-02-09 16:59:32

emergingdzns

html in connect meeting

I am trying to figure out how to essentially embed an html iframe into an adobe connect meeting. I keep seeing vague references to this functionality via creating captivate or presenter files, or using some flex tool etc.

But I can't find any concreted information or examples. Maybe it's not really possible. Seems like an enormous hole in the functionality of Adobe Connect.

What gets me is that you can upload an html file in the My Content section of the Adobe Connect control panel but when you go into a meeting and want to share a document, you can't choose the html file.

I'd really appreciate some knowledgable advice on this.

Thank you,
Andrew

#2 2014-02-10 10:30:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: html in connect meeting

Andrew,

The Connect Meeting application is Flash based, and doesn't support HTML. HTML content can be delivered from the Connect server, as on-demand content, because it is a web server.

Not sure where you are seeing vague references, but Presenter and Captivate do output HTML files to launch the presentations, when delivered on-demand through a web server (Connect or otherwise), but use the SWF files to play within a Connect room.

Documentation for building a Flash application can be found in the Collaboration Builder SDK found here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html

#3 2014-02-10 10:59:21

Dustin Tauer

Andrew - Jorma is correct.  There isn't any way to embed an iFrame inside of a Connect meeting room or any custom pod.  It is possible to do it the other way around, though.  You can load an Adobe Connect meeting into an iFrame on another page.  This is very experimental (and definitely not supported by Adobe Connect) but I put together a quick demo:

http://dev.dtauer.com/connect_iframe/

As you can see, I have a page with HTML at the top that loads any Connect room into the iFrame below.  The use case here is that you could have your own Web application running above/below/beside the Connect meeting.  This eliminates the need for a custom pod in Connect because you can proxy any "sync" events or user management through the API's and a different service like Firebase.

Of course, I'm forcing the meeting to run in the browser and not the add-in (using launcher=false) so you'll lose features like screen-sharing. I'm also using a 204 response to keep the Connect server from busting out of the iFrame. 

It's definitely a hack and something I wouldn't count on Adobe supporting, but could be viable for certain use cases.

Dustin

#4 2014-02-10 11:26:46

Jorma_at_CoSo

Very cool Dustin! Thanks for sharing.

#5 2014-02-10 14:28:16

emergingdzns

Jorma,

Can I contact you directly about the project we are trying to accomplish? Given that an iframe isn't possible, we have a pod that we need to have fixed and we need someone with a very skilled understanding of the Adobe Connect pod framework. We don't need a new build, but some fix-up done to what we have had done.

How do I contact you?
Andrew

#6 2014-02-10 15:25:38

Jorma_at_CoSo

Just put a .com at the end of my username

Jorma_at_realeyes.com.

#7 2015-09-19 07:21:09

bimk

Hi Dustin & Jorma,
Kindly help provide the code you are referring in the thread.
The link is not working.

Thanks in advance.

Board footer