Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-21 14:18:52

**_SusanMac_**

PPT experience serious problem with Adobe Presenter Add-in.

Hello -- I am receving the following error:
PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the

#2 2011-11-21 18:21:06

**_dhwalker_**

Re: PPT experience serious problem with Adobe Presenter Add-in.

SusanMac
Can you publish another PPT as a test?
It's possible that some image or PPT corruption is causing the error. Try it with a very simple 1 slide presentation and tell us what happens.

#3 2011-11-22 21:50:53

**_heywardjr_**

This error is common with Microsoft Powerpoint 2007. Microsoft fixed the stability of their COM interface with Powerpoint 2010. When you get this. it's best to reinstall Powerpoint as the system files they use to support 3rd party tools like Presenter has become corrupted. I suppose this could happen with PP 2010 as well since it is also COM based.

#4 2011-12-01 14:36:52

**_SusanMac_**

Thank you.  I have 2 computers with Presenter, and that day was able to publish from my other computer with no problem, but indeed my other computer has not been able to publish since.  I will have PowerPoint reinstalled and see if this fixes my issue.

#5 2011-12-09 08:31:45

**_Afrebynoe_**

heywardjr wrote:

This error is common with Microsoft Powerpoint 2007. Microsoft fixed the stability of their COM interface with Powerpoint 2010. When you get this. it's best to reinstall Powerpoint as the system files they use to support 3rd party tools like Presenter has become corrupted. I suppose this could happen with PP 2010 as well since it is also COM based.

I haven't met such an error in Microsoft PP 2010 yet

Board footer