Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-29 10:34:33

**_Gregg7_**

Reloading an embedded flash file

We are embedding custom flash AS2 (swf) activities within our Presenter (7.0.6) projects.  One thing I have noticed is that on occasion a screen that contains an embedded flash file will not reload.  By this, I mean that the animation or activity displays as complete and will not allow the viewer to re-watch an animation OR retake an activity.  Only by advancing a few slides forward or backward will the activity reload or play form the beginning. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any insight would be appreciated.

#2 2010-11-29 23:29:02

**_amathur_**

Re: Reloading an embedded flash file

Can you share the file with vishesh@adobe.com to investigate

#3 2010-11-30 07:17:27

**_Gregg7_**

Unfortunately, in my work environment I am unable to share files of any kind.  I'll see if there's another option to convey what is occuring.

#4 2010-11-30 10:41:26

**_Purnima_**

You can link the swf file to Presenter Playbar. This option is present in Manage Swf.
Once you do that, user can seek forward and backward using Presenter Playbar itself.

If you don't link the swf to Presenter Playbar, then swf plays as independent component in Slide swf and there is no way to control it.

HiH

#5 2010-11-30 11:16:52

**_Gregg7_**

Thanks Purnima.  Linking to the player bar works great for timeline based animations.  However, our interactions are actionscript coded.  I need a method to reset the actionscript when a slide/screen is accessed again.  It appears to be session based, because the content works appropriately each time the course is accessed.  The quirks only happen after a flash embedded screen has been accessed.

#6 2010-12-08 15:05:17

**_Gregg7_**

Hi Purnima, the solution regarding "allow player bar to control flash" worked.  We also ran into another issue where the file was output to Articulate Presenter which seemed to cause issues when we tried to re-output using Adobe presenter.  Needless to say I needed to rebuild the file and create a new working directory.

#7 2010-12-09 00:39:33

**_Purnima_**

When importing Articulate Presenter file,  you needn't rebuild the entire file, but just import swf files once again. It sometimes happen with Office 2007, that swf files don't import properly.

HiH

#8 2010-12-09 08:19:02

**_Gregg7_**

I tried that already.  Since Articulate creates accompanying files outside of the published files, I was unable to break the link between Articulate and the PPT.

Board footer