Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-06-16 12:55:15

**_momentum1_**

Maximum number of webcams displaying through Adobe?

Hello, was hoping someone could help me out here, new to Adobe...

Is there a max number of webcams that can be shown concurrently through the Adobe interface?
Also, can you please confirm that hosts or presenters are the only ones have 'rights' to display their web cam?

many thanks!

S

#2 2010-06-16 20:42:09

**_Daniel_**

Re: Maximum number of webcams displaying through Adobe?

Hi there,
Don't know of a limit, but bandwidth is probably the more practical limitation. Lots of cameras will take up a lot of bandwidth.
You can allow participants to use cameras by using enhanced participant rights, found in the attendee pod. In there you can enable the camera and voice pod for your participants.

#3 2010-06-18 10:25:31

**_bschmitz_**

I remember hearing 8 is the limit.  If you moved all webcams to low quality, you could probably get away with 8 or so simultaneous, but don't expect video-conference level performance.

#4 2010-06-23 02:51:08

**_rikard.stenberg_**

I do not think that there is a fixed limit on the number of video sources... We have seen more than 30 active video senders in a single meeting:
   http://picasaweb.google.se/rikard454/Mi … 3122226498

This generated about 1.2 Mbit/s of data "down".... This was just a fun thing, usually people are not allowed to send video in a normal lecture but we wanted to give people an opportunity to feel "there" :-)

I would say that managing the audio will give you more problems than the video, people with no suitable audio hardware, wrong micophone selected, etc...

Cheers!
/Rikard, weZupport

#5 2010-06-23 08:34:04

**_AmyBrooks_**

There is no limit to the amount of cameras being used in Connect. However, if your participants' experience is important then it should be limited. As Daniel said, multiple cameras take up significant bandwidth so other features you may be using like VoIP or slides moving forward could be impacted.

I did once see a customer use 30 cameras at once. It was not a good participant experience.

#6 2010-06-24 02:15:10

**_rikard.stenberg_**

I think we are pretty blessed with good networks here in Sweden, I even have a dedicated 100 Mbit/s fibre connection here at home yielding about 90 Mbit/s of download speed from local servers - all for about US$ 30 a month (unlimited use).

So I/we are more afraid of badly configured audio causing echo/audio feedback for the users in those situations. But we often have meetings with 10-15 active video senders without any issues at all, well maybe some initial audio issues then where people did not plug in their head-sets before joining, using their camera mic instead of the head-set one, badly placed microphones, etc...

/Rikard, weZupport

Board footer