Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-10-04 11:42:56

twayne

How to Reduce Screen Share Delay

Hi,

I ran the Adobe Connect Diagnostic test and everything checks out fine (flash version, connection speed, add-in test).  Nevertheless when sharing my screen, I have a roughly 5 second delay between what I see on my screen and what other participants see. The delay can be as high as 10 seconds at times. Because I am trying to use Connect to demo a web-based application, the delay makes it nearly unusable for this purpose. I have participated in demos where other users are sharing their screen and the delay isn't noticeable. 

When running a speakeasy or time warner speed test from same machine from which I am hosting the meeting, my download speed is roughly 230 mbps and my upload speed is 23 mbps. Reducing the screen share quality to medium from standard cuts the delay by one second and participants start to see some pixelation. 

As a test, I ran a screen share session via a competitor's web meeting product and there was almost no delay. So the problem is isolated to Adobe Connect. Any ideas on how I might fix this?

Thanks

Last edited by twayne (2016-10-04 13:03:45)

#2 2016-10-06 09:04:20

e-slinger

Re: How to Reduce Screen Share Delay

Hello,

Connect is picky about how it gets into your environment. You will want to check how the traffic is coming into/through your firewall.

Look for travel through the proper ports (1935, 443 and 80) how it goes through those can determine how much lag your screen share has (at least in my experience) - check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/configure-ports-1935-443-80.html

Good luck!

#3 2016-10-06 09:07:22

e-slinger

Oh i forgot...you can see how you came into a room once you open it

Go to Help (from the meeting room, top right corner)
Hover over "About Adobe Connect"
Press down the SHIFT key and left click the mouse (on About Adobe Connect)
The box that opens will give you some useful details (like the port you came in on)

#4 2016-10-10 13:48:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Try reducing the resolution of the screen you are trying to share. Start with something close to 1024 X 768 and then you can work up from there. I find that the lower resolution settings end up making for a better viewing experience for participants any how, as there is less image compression when trying to fit the image of my screen in the share pod. The reduced latency is just an added bonus.

#5 2016-10-11 15:24:42

twayne

Thanks for the suggestions.  Turns out I had a corrupt version of add-in.  To fix the issue, delete add-in at location pasted below, open browser, go to your meeting room, share your screen and when prompted, allow flash to download the latest version of add in.

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/connectaddin

Board footer