Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-06-01 10:06:19

laingy24

CSV file not importing new users!

I am trying to import users using a .CSV file. I have formatted the file, as far as I can see, correctly removing all non-alpha-numeric characters and placing a comma (",'") at the end of each field and I keep getting this error message when I click upload:

The csv import file has invalid headings. The correct format for the user import file is
first-name, last-name, login, email, password

I have checked and double checked the headings and it is definitely correctly spelt and in the correct order.

Am I missing something?

#2 2016-06-01 10:42:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: CSV file not importing new users!

You are missing that there can't be any spaces. It should be:

first-name,last-name,login,email,password

Also, ensure there are no spaces in the use information.

#3 2016-06-01 10:47:50

laingy24

Jorma_at_RealEyes,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! :O)

I am still confused though, if I have "first-name," in column A then "last-name," in column B and so on how can I have any spaces? They are all in seperate columns.

I have removed all spaces and non-alpha-numeric characters from the file too.

This is very complicated! :O)

#4 2016-06-01 11:05:55

laingy24

I have just worked it out! I removed the commas "," and it seemed to work fine! :O)

#5 2016-06-01 11:34:00

Jorma_at_CoSo

I'm guessing you are working in Excel. In Excel you don't have to put in the commas when working with a CSV. Glad you worked that out.

Whenever I work with a CSV in Excel, I check it in Notepad before uploading it. This helps me verify I didn't accidentlly get any spaces or extra charicters. In Notepad your CSV should look like this

first-name,last-name,login,email,password
Jorma,Jennings,jormaj,jorma@realeyes.com,abc123
Bob,Smith,bsmith,bob@realeyes.com,abc321

If the login and email are the same on your account, then the email will be in there twice.

Again, glad you got it working, and I hope this helps clarify how it works.

#6 2016-06-03 02:51:01

CLEseminars

I have several events with custom registration forms with custom (and reduced) fields. For example, I have a form that requires First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Member Number. I can successfully import First Name, Last Name, and Email from a CSV. When I try to add the Member Number as a 4th column, I get an error on the import.

Is it possible to import participant information into custom fields via CSV? What am I missing?

#7 2016-06-03 11:07:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

Uploading for Events is a little different than what is discussed above. It is discussed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/u … rticipants

You are not supposed to use headders when importing a CSV list for events. I've not tested uploading CSV's for events with custom fields, but I'll find time to do some testing and let you know what I work out.

#8 2016-06-08 22:45:49

CLEseminars

Jorma,

Thanks for your reply. The help article describes exactly the process I'm using. Even the examples of the import data show only three columns. The description states "At minimum, the CSV file must contain columns for first name, last name, and e‑mail address." - except that when I have tried imports with a fourth column for the member number the import fails.

Also, I am not using headers.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Board footer