Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-11-07 13:32:24

TomB

Mac OS X Yosemite not supported!

So am teaching this week, and found to my dismay that Adobe Connect does not work on Yosemite.   Very frustrating.   It hung on Safari completely, but started successfully with Firefox.  Unfortunately, in the middle of the class Firefox reloaded the Adobe flash plugin, which now crashes every time I try to start my webex/class.   At least the students understand it is Adobe and not me or my company.   In the meantime I am using gotomeeting, which  works just fine.

When will Yosemite be supported?  Or do I need to just switch to gotomeeting permanently?

EDIT:  OK, so am working with my training partners to shift to gotomeeting.  Hopefully this will be a temporary move, not permanent.

EDIT 2:  Well, at least one of the companies I work with is using the Cisco Webex environment, which is also working fine, so more than one option of NOT using Adobe Connect.

Last edited by TomB (2014-11-13 12:35:34)

#2 2014-11-17 18:16:10

leejohnsonster

Re: Mac OS X Yosemite not supported!

Adobe, please address this quickly! I have to use a Windoze machine now in a VM; I get angrier ever time I have to use the start bar. We are quickly moving to alternatives.  Yosemite is now running on 1 of 5 Macs. Many of them are students with new Macs from the bookstore so I believe, for them, it's more than 1 of 5.

If you don't keep up with Apple you will risk becoming irrelevant in this market space.

#3 2014-11-18 12:17:19

nealtronics

Hi i also am having trouble getting the 9.3 Add-in installed and working properly on SafariFor the record, Chrome version 38.0 on OSX Yosemite doesn't seem to have this issue and works properly.

Adobe Connect 9.3
Safari 8.0 (10600.1.25)
Flash 15.0.0.223
Add-in for Mac 11.9.972.8

Thanks.

#4 2014-11-25 07:47:50

SAPCONNECT

Hi Folks,
My clients have also experienced some issue with Adobe and MAC. 10.9 and 10.10.
1. After a period of inactivity, Adobe Connect disconnects from the network and users have to relogin.
2. the Add in causes problems.

The 1st issue is to with a feature in 10.9 and 10.10 called "App Nap". this removes CPU resources from any inactive applications like Connect if there is no activity. The solution is to disable App Nap in the application Info page.

The 2nd issue, I am told is because the addin was not un-installed before the upgrade to 10.10.
The solution I am informed, is to uninstall the add in, reboot reinstall the addin.

Both these solutions have worked for me.
If you require any info please contact me .

#5 2014-11-26 11:23:46

Guy Fuller

Adobe Tech Support has indicated that it might take months for a "fix" to be released for Yosemite users.

It is difficult for me to come up with a rational explanation as to how this could be?

#6 2014-11-26 11:28:36

Guy Fuller

Which application info page are you referencing?

SAPCONNECT wrote:

Hi Folks,
My clients have also experienced some issue with Adobe and MAC. 10.9 and 10.10.
1. After a period of inactivity, Adobe Connect disconnects from the network and users have to relogin.
2. the Add in causes problems.

The 1st issue is to with a feature in 10.9 and 10.10 called "App Nap". this removes CPU resources from any inactive applications like Connect if there is no activity. The solution is to disable App Nap in the application Info page.

The 2nd issue, I am told is because the addin was not un-installed before the upgrade to 10.10.
The solution I am informed, is to uninstall the add in, reboot reinstall the addin.

Both these solutions have worked for me.
If you require any info please contact me .

#7 2015-01-09 15:38:29

nealtronics

Still no update on this from what I have searched... Still encountering the same problem

#8 2015-01-21 16:55:10

MKennedy_ConnectSolutions

The problem I am having is that I cannot enable the Add-in in the accessibility / privacy settings, so that I can screenshare. Apple changed the behavior of that window, and now when you click on the enable button provided by Connect, my systems preferences are launched, but connectaddin is not an available option to add. I then tried finding the application manually in my Library folder and pointing directly to it. Each time, Apple just ignored it and added nothing. I am not having that problem with other applications, as it seems I can add them with no problems. So in the end I can view the meeting in the add-in, but it's no different than being in the browser with launcher=false right now. I need to know how to add in the connectaddin for a privacy accessibility exception in Mac OS 10.10.1.

#9 2015-01-28 19:10:46

t3chr1ch

So it appears there is a "workaround" for this issue.
I had been struggling for several weeks now as to why 2 of my macs wouldn't allow me to share my screen and 1 of my macs did. I checked the working mac and noticed that in the Privacy/Accessibility option 'adobeconnectaddin' option was available. so i dug around and found the file in ~/Library (access this Library folder by clicking Go at the top of the menu and holding Option key) /Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin
You may have several folders in here due to multiple versions of adobe connect you have installed using their add-in installation package.
the correct folder to use is /adobeconnectaddin. In this folder you will find a file with the adobe connect logo, surprisingly also called adobeconnectaddin. Double click that file and the adobe connect add in window will act like it's opening. Just close out of this window.
Open up the adobe connect session like normally and you will notice now when you go to share your screen, you will now be given the option to open your Desktop, Application or Window.
You're all set!!
Also, if you go to Privacy/Accessibility there will still be nothing in there, but adobe connect will function as normal.
I've rebooted and shut down and tested several ways to get it to "not" work and it works everytime! Hope this will help some of you out!
Have a great day!

#10 2015-02-06 14:10:49

Antonio Starace

I tried your workaround but no luck on my side.

I also checked my accessibility/privacy and adobeconnetcaddin is there and correctly checked, but again no luck. The sharing crashes as soon as it starts.

#11 2015-02-11 05:03:26

PeterNorberg

Try this for addin crash when trying to screen share:

Downgrade your addin by using an older version:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/connect/updaters/meeting/9_0/
Try for instance v. 392 for MAC (.z) and install (you probably won't need to uninstall your old one - but do that if this doesnt work).

My understanding of the problem is that the current version of the addin has some new stuff that is limited only to connect 9.3. The addin is supposed to be backward compatible with older versions of connect 9, but I guess that there are some limitations.

Our server is AC 9.1.1 and I have crasches on yosemite with the most current addin version. When downgraded, the problems disappear.

Board footer