Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#26 2011-12-08 13:35:43

**_jamerson_**

Re: Once and for all FLASH!

Olden, no I haven't found a workaround for this, also can't seem to get the userlist from the room either, which is a real pain, as I have to get each user to send an "addUser" message to log themselves with all the other users. Sometimes, that message just doesn't make it through and a user is lost.
Seeing as Adobe are putting connect on the top shelf and not actively promoting it anymore, I imagine that the flash sdk will also never appear, which is terribly frustrating to say the least!

#27 2011-12-08 13:36:43

**_jamerson_**

I don't suppose anyone knows enough about swc files to externally create an sdk for flash. I've tried opening them up, but can't get at any of the code.

#28 2012-04-03 16:17:28

**_catholicon_**

FWIW, I think Connect is expecting "applicationComplete" event (as flex apps dispatches) and won't recognise the swf as syncSwf until it gets that.
So, a hacky fix (at least until Connect starts supporting flash based sync swfs) can be to dispatch "applicationComplete" from flash app itself. I don't think Connect would care much if it's a flash app or flex app as long as it receives applicationComplete.

#29 2012-04-03 17:28:53

**_Olden_**

I'd love to test your theory, but I wouldn't know how to implement it. Might you be able to put together a quick template or test pod?

#30 2012-04-03 17:45:21

**_catholicon_**

I don't have either flash professional or flash builder right now. But what I meant was that you can put
'dispatchEvent(new Event("applicationComplete"));' somewhere in your flash application after sync connector object has been created (I guess last line of the last frame would be a nice enough place).
BTW, I think you'd need to guard the situation, so that this even is dispatched only once in the life-time of the app.

#31 2012-04-06 09:43:47

**_vishalvikas_**

the current SDK will not work with the flash authoring tool.

----------------------------------
Hate your life? Tell the whole world why your life sucks, and improve your life

Board footer