Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-25 12:45:24

Pratibha

Apple M1 computers

Will adobe connect work on apple M1 chip computers either with or without Rosetta 2?
If not, can a participant use an M1 computer to join a meeting?

#2 2021-01-25 14:35:19

alistairlee

Re: Apple M1 computers

Yes, I've joined an Adobe Connect meeting using an M1 MacBook Air and did't have any issues. I tested my video and audio, and it all worked well.

I'm fairly certain this requires Rosetta 2 (which is on all M1 machines) since the application itself wasn't specifically compiled for the M1 chip.

#3 2021-10-11 10:43:48

Battenberg

I've been using an M1 Mac Mini for meetings and it all seems to work well, except that in some meetings I seem to get problems with the audio (i.e. my microphone) cutting out intermittently, which I didn't used to get with Windows.  That could be a coincidence - I'm trying to troubleshoot that to pin down when it happens.

Everything else is OK, though, and the whiteboard seems to be more responsive to my Wacom tablet than it was with my old Windows machine.

Last edited by Battenberg (2021-10-12 03:21:03)

#4 2021-10-14 10:00:23

Battenberg

Battenberg wrote:

I've been using an M1 Mac Mini for meetings and it all seems to work well, except that in some meetings I seem to get problems with the audio (i.e. my microphone) cutting out intermittently, which I didn't used to get with Windows.  That could be a coincidence - I'm trying to troubleshoot that to pin down when it happens.

Aha - it turns out that there's a known issue with MacOS and USB headsets.  It sounds like Apple and the headset manufacturers are blaming each other, but they work in Windows and are driverless, so it looks like Apple needs to fix it.

#5 2022-08-03 01:09:55

itsm6679

I got the same model. My first ever apple computer. No regrets whatsoever. The biggest benefits for me are the fanless design, astounding battery life, and a trackpad that almost has me ready to ditch the mouse altogether. Oh and instant on and the size is just right, my old laptops were all too chunky to carry around wherever I go. Now I'm on that apple treadmill though and the m2 version has my attention... Haha.

#6 2022-10-13 15:13:17

cuc1665691701

Using macOS 12.6 and a MacStudio (2022) (Apple M1 Max), I'm getting the same problem.  Specifically, Adobe Connect sessions are experiencing a periodic disruption in my mic input.  Others here as if my mic was cutting in and out.  Doesn't happen in zoom or other applications and happens regardless of the audio hardware.  Have tried Yeti microphone, logitech Brio cam microphone, and Jabra 85H headset microphone.

Does not occur with other macOS computers using the same OS but different hardware.  Seems to be specific to the M1 chipset.  Which is a significant problem, since Apple is going all in on that new chip.

#7 2022-10-14 04:51:51

Battenberg

Strangely my problems have gone away with recently OS updates - I'm now running MacOS 12.6 on an M1 Mac Mini and haven't have any sound problems for months.  I'm using the Connect app - are you?  Obviously Safari is pretty flaky generally, but it also seems OK in Edge.

One thing I have noticed with the Mac is that the screenshare goes blank temporarily if you drag something on a webpage, which doesn't happen in Windows.

#8 2022-10-16 13:16:18

Nick DeMello

macOS 12.6 with M1 Max or M1 based computers (mostly laptops and MacStudio) and the Connect app (version 2022.7.183, 13-Jul-2022).  Microphone audio has a break about every 4 seconds.  We recommend and use Chrome as browser, but most AC sessions just launch into the desktop app (browser connect is problematic for drag and drop files—the browser grabs them before the Connect app can see them).

Side Note: according to stat counter, about 66% of current internet users use Chrome.  Another 19% use Safari (mobile users are a big chunk).  Edge, Firefox, Opera, and everything else are all less than 5%.

As students and instructors upgrade (especially over the upcoming holidays) this issue will likely hit critical for us.  It's too disruptive.  Some instructors have necessarily shifted to zoom.  More are reporting the problem and asking when a fix may arrive.

Board footer