Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-23 14:31:52

**_pafell_**

User-specific links to log in to Adobe Connect events

This forum is always such a great resource and I'm hopeful that one of you has an idea about how we might work around a particular problem we're having. 

We're using Connect's built-in event registration module.  Our clients are sent e-mail invitations to sign up for webinars.  A link in the invitation takes them to the Adobe Connect registration page.  They fill out the standard form and create a password for themselves (as required to create the guest account on the system).  The problem is that when they try to log in to the event it asks them for their e-mail address and password.  Obviously, they remember their e-mail address (and we also include the field code for it in the confirmation e-mail in case the secretary signed up their boss).  The problem is that many folks don't remember their password and we go through the awkward steps of getting it reset as the event is starting.

What we'd like to do is have some method for having a user-specific link that logs them into the event without asking them to regurgitate the password.  I understand this might involve setting the meeting room to accept anyone who has the URL for the event.  That's fine, but I'd still like to be able to generate an attendance report that tells me who attended. 

Is there something that can be added to the end of the meeting URL which will pass through the username/credentials so that we can capture which user is attending?

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.
-Paul

#2 2009-11-24 09:25:15

**_gajett_**

Re: User-specific links to log in to Adobe Connect events

pafell wrote:

What we'd like to do is have some method for having a user-specific link that logs them into the event without asking them to regurgitate the password.  I understand this might involve setting the meeting room to accept anyone who has the URL for the event.  That's fine, but I'd still like to be able to generate an attendance report that tells me who attended. 

Is there something that can be added to the end of the meeting URL which will pass through the username/credentials so that we can capture which user is attending?

Unless you've got their password captured somehow, you can only log them in as a guest, but you can do this by appending: ?guestName=  to the url.
you will need to determine how to populate the actual guest name based on the system(s) you are using. 
For example, our LMS uses what they call 'replace strings', so my example looks like: ?guestName={FirstName}%20{LastName}

Greg

#3 2009-11-24 10:15:04

**_pafell_**

Re: User-specific links to log in to Adobe Connect events

Thanks Greg!  That works great when you use the link for the meeting/seminar room (and not for any of the "event-related" links.  I'm sure there are holes that people could use to circumvent what I'm trying to do -- the simplest being just deleting the "?guestname=" portion from the end of the URL -- but it's definitely better than what we had been using.

Really appreciate the help!  Thanks again.
-Paul

Board footer