Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-03 15:14:04

alistairlee

Connect Pro 7.5 Announced

Adobe today announced significant updates to Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro.

The new version of Acrobat Connect Pro includes a number of new features including Universal Voice, Webcast, Secure Desktop Sharing, and PDF Integration.

Universal Voice enables Connect Pro customers to integrate their meetings with any audio conferencing provider.  Telephone audio can be recorded with a web meeting and broadcast over VOIP to enable participants to listen to the audio without dialing in.

Connect Pro Webcast will allow for very large events with up to 80,000 participants attending high-impact sessions that can incorporate rich media, video, slides, and interactive Q&A.

Secure Desktop Sharing introduces more granular control over the Compliance and Control settings in Connect Pro.  New administrative tools enable organizations to create a white list of applications that can be screen-shared.

In addition to the features listed above, Adobe has also added PDF integration, a new add-in for Lotus Notes and VMWare support.

We've got a number of new tutorials on the website to introduce you to the new features.  Check out the overview here:
http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/sevenfive

Thanks,
Alistair

#2 2009-11-03 16:25:10

**_pafell_**

Re: Connect Pro 7.5 Announced

Will the Connect Pro "Webcast" module be available to licensed installations or will it only be available as an option for hosted clients?  We've used the Events module (as primitive and inflexible as it is) for several years now and would like to have greater control over customization of event registration pages and the ability to allow people to register for and attend events without being required to create and remember a password while still being able to capture information about who attended.  I know there are third party products/services out there that can serve as a front end but it would be even better if Adobe provided this functionality "out of the box".

Is that something that is in the development pipeline?
Thanks.  -Paul

#3 2009-11-03 16:29:36

alistairlee

The Webcast module is available to both hosted and on premise customers - but it is a hosted only offering.  The event itself is hosted by Adobe regardless of whether you're a on premise or hosted customer. 

It does give you greater control over the registration pages and setup.

#4 2009-11-03 16:52:46

**_gajett_**

Alistair,

Is this version 64 bit native?

If not, any idea of when to expect a 64 bit version?

Thanks,

Greg

#5 2009-11-03 21:14:11

**_philip.roy_**

I'm kinda confused about Universal Voice, despite having read the white paper. For licensed users like us, does it require an additional server?

Cheers,

Phil

#6 2009-11-04 11:30:47

alistairlee

Hey Phil - that's a good question.  I checked with the product team and a dedicated server is recommended - but not required.

#7 2009-11-05 08:41:43

**_dcandura_**

How do we know when our instance has been upgraded to 7.5? 

I use a MAC with Snow Leopard and I continue to experience freeze-ups loading pages.

#8 2009-11-06 12:58:11

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

dcandura,

On the log-in page, if you put your mouse over the Help link, the tool tip tells you what version of Connect you are on. When it says connect_750_r123, then you have been upgraded to Connect 7.5.

Other cues will be, the ability to upload and display PDF's in the share pod, and, if you are an Admin on your account, the Audio Providers link on the Administration page.

#9 2009-11-15 18:22:13

**_eomedia_**

pafell wrote:

Will the Connect Pro "Webcast" module be available to licensed installations or will it only be available as an option for hosted clients?  We've used the Events module (as primitive and inflexible as it is) for several years now and would like to have greater control over customization of event registration pages and the ability to allow people to register for and attend events without being required to create and remember a password while still being able to capture information about who attended.

Paul,

I just thought I would chime in as we are one of those third party products that manages the registration/integration with Adobe. 

The adobe event module is as you indicated fairly basic and can work for people who have very simple registration type needs, however when you really need to manage an event you may find that it's not sufficient.   In what we've heard Adobe does not currently have any plans to re-develop a more powerful registration system for Connect, I believe they realize the actual level of complexity that is involved in doing so and with a few great partner products filling the gap I think their best bet is to continue to close other gaps within their product.

In regards to the Webcast module, it is actually a completely different product offering than Connect, it's essentially an integrated partner product that is designed to manage events which are larger than those you might want to manage from within Connect.  It's a "white glove" type service where their team will set up and manage all the details of your event, including delivery of your event which is not done through Connect.

I would encourage you to contact us or another provider to find out what we can offer in helping manage your registration / integration with Connect, I believe you would be surprised at how much value add you can get with our solution.

Thanks

Ryan
ConferenceEdge.com

#10 2009-11-18 18:17:16

**_simonbyrne_**

Hi,

Please could you confirm whether this has been rolled out to all accounts yet?  On the press release it says that the availability is immediate for hosted accounts.

We are on a UK/EMEA hosted account purchased through Premiere Global.  I currently cannot see anything in the Admin Panel for setting up the new teleconferencing.

Thanks,
Simon

#11 2009-11-19 09:59:29

**_pafell_**

Thanks for your response, Ryan.  Although I must say I'm disappointed that we invested in the Events module from day one (and continue to pay annual support and maintenance on it every year) and was hoping that Adobe would give it the attention it deserves.

To my understanding, other players in this space (WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.) have more flexible and sophisticated event management built in to their products.  With how impressive the rest of the Adobe Connect platform is, this is disappointing that they're going to leave it to 3rd parties to provide that capability.  (But I guess that's a great opportunity for companies like yours!)

All the best,
Paul

#12 2009-11-19 11:31:47

**_dyun_**

simonbyrne wrote:

Please could you confirm whether this has been rolled out to all accounts yet?

Check out this post for 7.5 upgrade dates for hosted accounts:
http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=2733

#13 2009-12-17 06:50:48

**_Natalya_**

Hi,
I'm interesting in Webcast module: it includes Event Services management, but Event Services team is available for Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro North America customers.  Are there any territorial limitations? Would  the team support be full and include "a kickoff call with event consultation, event setup ... and so on  for customer from Russia?

Thanks,
Natalya

#14 2010-02-09 13:46:44

**_mEan.MAC_**

I wish that 7.5 included Presenter 7.0.5. The patches have been a real problem to work with.

#15 2010-03-26 14:43:40

**_klmonline_**

I just got the announcement of SP1 for 7.5 on the rollout schedule for hosted accounts starting April 23. Is there any information about what to expect in this service pack? Just bug fixes, or are there any functionality enhancements?

(I certainly hope they fixed the annoying rectangle at the top left of polling pods)

Thanks,
--Ken

#16 2010-03-26 21:13:18

**_indonesiafurniture_**

I love the programs from Adobe ...
and I also want to know more about adobe acrobat ...
and I find what I was looking through this website ....

thank you very much

#17 2010-06-20 22:44:53

**_TwinMonkeys_**

http://your_adobe_connect_domain/version.txt will show you what version you are on.

Board footer