Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-26 22:47:24

**_Qmei_**

How to make Flash Movies Play in Quicktime?

I've got a few flash animations that I'm using for teaching, and I can play them using the flash player, but I'd rather be able to insert them into my Keynote slides as quicktime movies.

#2 2009-10-27 09:22:01

**_Daniel_**

Re: How to make Flash Movies Play in Quicktime?

Hi Qmei,

Are you using Adobe Connect Professional for your courses? I'm not sure that you will find a quick and easy solution for this. I'm not a mac user, but from what I know about Connect, inserting MOV's into keynote and uploading to the Connect Server is not likely to produce the desired results. You can use Adobe Presenter for this, but it runs in powerpoint which will require some conversion and tweaking.

Hope this helps...

#3 2009-10-27 20:35:45

**_Appla_**

hello,Wmei,PowerPoint relies upon Apple's QuickTime to play movies and animation files. Whatever will play in QuickTime Player will play. So I think you should convert flash movies to mov format, I often use iwisoft swf to mov converter, it works well on my pc, hope it helps you too.

Last edited by **_Appla_** (2009-10-27 20:36:20)

#4 2010-06-23 03:57:06

**_annabie_**

good ideas. Thanks

#5 2010-07-05 02:10:41

**_stocktips20_**

To make a flash movie in a quick time you may follow the following step:-
1. Control-click QuickTime Player (in /Applications), and select "Show Package Contents". (Make sure QuickTime Player is not loaded.)

2. Open the Contents/Info.plist file in any text editor, like TextEdit or BBEdit.

3. You'll see a bunch of HTML-like tags. Make a new line after this:
4. Save your changes. If you get an error message saying you don't permission, follow these steps:
4a. Choose "Save As..." from the file menu, and save your Info.plist file onto the desktop.
4b. In the Finder, drag the new Info.plist file you just saved over the old one (inside QuickTime Player). When the Finder asks you if you want to replace, say yes, and enter your administrator password at the prompt.

5. In the Finder, move QuickTime Player to a different folder (it doesn't matter what folder; I used /Applications/Utilities), and then move it back into /Applications. This is necessary to force OS X to update its database of what file types applications can accept.

6. Load QuickTime Player, and try dragging a WMV or SWF file onto its icon in the Dock. It works now! You're done!

#6 2010-07-05 23:54:37

**_islabucasgrande_**

After software is installed just look for the icon on the main file and move it to desktop so you can easily go back to it.

#7 2010-07-08 23:33:01

**_yushu_**

stocktips20 wrote:

To make a flash movie in a quick time you may follow the following step:-
1. Control-click QuickTime Player (in /Applications), and select "Show Package Contents". (Make sure QuickTime Player is not loaded.)

2. Open the Contents/Info.plist file in any text editor, like TextEdit or BBEdit.

3. You'll see a bunch of HTML-like tags. Make a new line after this:
4. Save your changes. If you get an error message saying you don't permission, follow these steps:
4a. Choose "Save As..." from the file menu, and save your Info.plist file onto the desktop.
4b. In the Finder, drag the new Info.plist file you just saved over the old one (inside QuickTime Player). When the Finder asks you if you want to replace, say yes, and enter your administrator password at the prompt.

5. In the Finder, move QuickTime Player to a different folder (it doesn't matter what folder; I used /Applications/Utilities), and then move it back into /Applications. This is necessary to force OS X to update its database of what file types applications can accept.

6. Load QuickTime Player, and try dragging a WMV or SWF file onto its icon in the Dock. It works now! You're done!

It's useful. Thank you very much!

#8 2010-07-26 21:26:30

**_hesheybrwn_**

thanks for the nice information guys.. It really helps me a lot!

#9 2010-08-26 00:00:42

**_sharetips002_**

PowerPoint relies upon Apple's QuickTime to play movies and animation files. maybe you should convert flash movie' format to mov. I know iwisoft swf to mov converter works well for that. You can google it, good luck.

Last edited by **_sharetips002_** (2011-06-13 06:47:25)

#10 2010-09-15 03:50:53

**_ferb82_**

I did step by step follow your tips but I can't continue with step 5? Can you explain more plz? "5. In the Finder, move QuickTime Player to a different folder (it doesn't matter what folder; I used /Applications/Utilities), and then move it back into /Applications. This is necessary to force OS X to update its database of what file types applications can accept.

Last edited by **_ferb82_** (2010-09-23 05:34:37)

#11 2010-09-18 04:20:31

**_KevinWhite_**

flash movies is a different format and quicktime player is different if you are still not getting it so try open it own quicktime if it say to download any thing from internet download it or ales its  not possible.

Thank you,

#12 2010-09-21 05:54:50

**_cocopark21_**

moyea swf to video converter can convert flash swf to mov for quicktime.

#13 2010-11-04 05:14:55

**_bush67_**

I am a web developer i want to know that how can i use animations...in my project.

#14 2011-02-11 15:35:38

**_ialan123_**

You can try installing some codecs also. After it some players gets support for flash.

#15 2011-02-17 07:46:25

**_KayKRowland_**

Publishing into the Quicktime movie format/codec from Flash lets you create a video file that can be downloaded or even used for broadcast production.

If you desire to use the Quicktime codec to stream and compress your sound, you can do so by clicking the checkbox next to that. And when you click the Settings button to determine your audio compression and quality you get the result.

#16 2011-09-20 09:54:30

**_umarimtiaz3_**

Well i have  a quicktime 6 pro and i am trying to make flash movie but after installation it gives an error saying you havent installed codec.....from where can i install codex...plzz suggest

Last edited by **_umarimtiaz3_** (2011-11-08 10:20:54)

#17 2011-12-08 00:25:29

**_trentroth_**

If you want to play flvs in QuickTime, you need Perian. You might also want to use Perian's Type Installer to automatically make QuickTime accept flvs.

Last edited by **_trentroth_** (2011-12-08 00:27:04)

#18 2011-12-17 08:02:33

**_Jacobgoblin_**

I want to be able to play flash videos with Quicktime and so I got Perian, but it doesn't seem to work. I have a Mac osx leopard 10.5.5 with Quicktime Player Pro 7.5.5 and Perian 1.1.

Does anyone know why?

I get the flash videos from youtube and use realplayer to watch them but I would like a way to play them on quicktime.

Last edited by **_Jacobgoblin_** (2011-12-17 08:02:48)

Board footer