Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-06 08:16:14

**_giandre_**

Use of video for Electronic courses.

Hi,
I am not sure if this topic goes under this section but here it goes.

My dilemma is that we are trying to use Adobe Connect Pro to show students, in the electronic program, how to deal with all the electronic components and devices as well as some procedures. For example, we show them how to solder a circuit board. To show this type of procedures, we need high quality display in the Adobe video pod and also the ability to don't have so much frame delays.

This needs to be scalable because many instructors will be doing this from their own home location (it is an online program). Based on my research, I found out that Logitech Pro 9000 is one of the best web cam options due to its manual overwrite for the focus feature and the great HD quality that provides. So I think we have the right equipment unless somebody else has some other ideas.

I also found three different products that I will be testing very soon. These all seem to provide an enhanced video pod option better that the one already available in Adobe Connect Pro. This is what I found:

1. Realeyes Take Over Pod: http://www.realeyes.com/
2. Talking Stick: http://refineddata.com/products/talkingstick/
3. Master Video Control: http://ed-apps.com/

So these options seem to improve the overall quality of the video resolution and I am still in the process of testing all these options within our environment.

My question is if any of you have had the chance to test any of these tools and what has been your experience.
Do you have any recommendations at the time of using any of these tools? It seems to me that up-bandwidth is very important so what will be the "average" recommended settings?
I am in "research mode" so any input or advice is very valid to me.

Thank you,
Giovanni

#2 2009-10-06 10:41:20

**_Daniel_**

Re: Use of video for Electronic courses.

Well, another option to consider is that a camcorder could be used as a webcam too. The logitech 9000 is a great camera. If you have access to a camcorder, and a firewire port, you could try that too. You'll likely double the quality of the video if you can get it to work. There are some good resources on this forum re: video. Check out the archived recordings of the best practices meetings and look for the two recordings on videos. This link should take you there http://www.connectusers.com/community/m … c/2008/12/

#3 2009-10-06 10:54:05

**_giandre_**

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, in fact I connected a Sony Camcorder and two other web cams to the same computer and it worked just fine. The key of my problem is that I need to find something that is scalable becuase the solution I will suggest will need to be feasible for over 30 instructors that will be using the Adobe system. So my idea is to find a good webcam that provides true HD definition and the Logitech 9000 does it. Also, we are trying to show good detail fo circuit boards so close ups are very important. None of the camcorders and web cams I tested were able to give a good closeup. Only the 9000 was able to give me the best.

The link was very helpful and I already looked into some of those videos but my need is kind of unique so this is why I am looking for some extra help.

thank you!!!

#4 2010-08-19 03:00:11

**_burton73stephens_**

You can go with logitech 9000 that will be another option as webcam..

#5 2011-08-26 08:48:29

**_Burnett_**

thanks a lot

#6 2012-09-17 01:52:54

**_batlon13_**

burton73stephens wrote:

I agree with you. he can go with logitech 9000.

#7 2012-10-05 21:08:05

**_gscvietnam_**

batlon13 wrote:
burton73stephens wrote:

I agree with you. he can go with logitech 9000.

Logitech 9000 ? It's really good for you, I just used and I dislike this product.

Board footer