Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-29 22:11:59

**_dyun_**

Catch Obama in Connect Pro June 4th

President Obama even has a live event scheduled on Connect Pro for next week on June 4th, live from Egypt in which he will deliver a speech on the future of Muslim/U.S. relations:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CoNx-See- … 3280027170 (requires Facebook Login)

Some other really cool events too including Q+A with Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales and a Q+A on US/Pakistan Relations:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CoNx-See- … 6365096875

#2 2009-05-30 11:45:01

**_thomasattrp_**

Re: Catch Obama in Connect Pro June 4th

It is a service to us non techies to notify us of opportunities like this so we can see how things are done. I entered the room for the Obama session and what looks like the "Video and Camera Pod" doesn't look like mine.  So, any explanation of what is being used, etc. would be an additional service.  I.e. is a camera being used just for ACP?  Is there special creations that allow for better quality video, etc.?

Thomas

#3 2009-06-04 05:44:08

**_thomasattrp_**

Watched this with over 400 others around the world. If someone knows how the State Department created the wonderful video quality, would appreciate an explanation.  Lip/voice sync was perfect. Picture quality was excellent.  Audio impeccable.  Latency readings were between 100 msec and 1.5 secs.  For the first half the Connect Pro video was about 2 secs ahead of CNN. Then, it began to lag behind about a second.

Some, please explain how this was done.

Thomas

#4 2009-06-04 11:24:39

**_michael_**

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the great feedback on the event.  Several thousand people ended up dropping in to share their thoughts and opinions with the State Department team through Connect Pro, so it was a great success!

To deliver the stream, ConnectSolutions built a custom-pod (using the Collaboration Builder SDK, which was just discussed in the Best Practices User Group here:  http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p12559577/ ) to connect to a designated Flash Video Streaming Service that was streaming to the various other one-way venues (media venues, etc...).  Connect Pro really shined here with the collaboration elements (polls, chat, notes) around this approach and architecture. 

Given the success of this and other events using the same delivery model, we're going to take a look at providing some more guidance and best-practices to the community in the coming weeks, but now, we need some sleep!

#5 2009-06-04 18:08:08

**_Daniel_**

Congrats Michael,
I was also extremely impressed by the high quality video - it was totally flawless. Agree that ACP really shined in this event. As a user, would certainly welcome your learnings in any best practices sessions in the future.
Daniel

#6 2009-12-05 15:32:41

**_Nova_**

For the Secretary of State event, the overall feedback was consistent: great appreciation from the distant posts to be able to share in the live experience, very good quality video/audio, and many questions about how these same posts could use the platform for their own outreach efforts.

#7 2010-11-11 10:11:09

**_timjames_**

Shoot. Looks like I missed an incredible event! Have to stay more current . . .

Board footer