Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-11 11:25:47

**_fu_paladins_**

Meeting One Integration

We are using the Meeting One integrated audio.

The prompt for the call back is confusing for people not in the US/Canada (country code = 1).

We have learned that users outside of the US/Canada have to put '00' before their country code for the call back to work properly.

Suggestion:
Update the prompt for the call back number to reflect the need to put the '00' before their country code if not in the US/Canada.

It seems like a small request, however, it will make the system usable with the Meeting One integrated audio.  As it is now, we try our best to communicate this out.  But, many people do not read the specifics of the invitations and emails we send.  When they get to the meeting room, they follow the prompts very literally.  As it is now, the Meeting One audio integration is too clumsy to use outside of the US/Canada for us.  Too bad, the integration is quite powerful since we conduct training where we utilize exercises with breakouts.

#2 2009-03-18 10:21:53

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Meeting One Integration

If something is not working correctly, I would start by talking to your rep at MeetingOne.

#3 2009-03-18 16:21:12

**_fu_paladins_**

Thanks - we do contact MeetingOne.

Then MeetingOne contacts Adobe.  Then we get a long period of silence.

It would be great if the Adobe site that talks about system status had more details.  Everytime I go there, it says everything is functioning properly.

Like right now, MeetingOne has told me that Adobe is experiencing a problem with the audio conferencing integration in their 'na4' cluster.

The Adobe site says: "There are no issues or outages affecting the Adobe Connect system.  In the event of an issue or outage, this page will be updated with the current system status.  Last updated: Saturday, 14-Mar-2009 00:03:07 PST."

It would be great if they refreshed the site status more periodically - maybe daily (every 4 hours would be even better).  We don't find out about the issues until we login before our sessions - we usually login in about 30-60 minutes before the session.

I'd like to see Adobe make this audio integration (not just for MeetingOne) a higher priority and realize that it can be an important item for many clients.  I know Adobe does not make any money of the audio piece, but it affects future revenues of theirs.  When the audio does not work, it does not bode well for Adobe's image for this product.  People view it as a total solution.

#4 2009-04-24 11:34:44

**_markblair_**

My name is Mark Blair, I'm the Product Manager responsible for Telephony Integration.  You can reach me directly on my email (which is first letter of my first name + surname @adobe.com) or call me @ 415.832.4102

Regarding your first point on the dial out user message, I agree it should be prefixed to work for international numbers,  i'll put a change request to have that happen ASAP.  Longer term we plan to move the messaging to the ITU notation of using the plus symbol, unfortunately I can't do that short term as there is a underlying constraint in Connect that strips the plus symbol when sending the phone number to the audio bridge.

Regarding the NA4 comments I need correct the messaging you appear to have received from MeetingOne.  As of today the integration does appear to be experiencing intermittent issues, both Adobe and MeetingOne are investigating these issues.  At this point it's unknown if the issues are with a specific Adobe cluster, Connect Pro, the Meeting One telephony adaptor (which Meeting One actually developed with Adobe support), Meeting One's audio platform or a network layer in between the two hosted platforms.  I'm acutely aware of the frustration these intermittent issues will be causing customers and can assure you that both Adobe and Meeting One staff are actively investigating with high priority to diagnose and ultimately resolve them.  If you would like an update as this investigation progresses please feel free to call / email me @ anytime.  I would request you log a support incident with Adobe so we can track the number of customers experiencing this issue and programatically keep you updated as we close out on the issue.  I'll also reach out to my contacts at MeetingOne to ensure they are correctly describing the issue to our shared customers.

The strategy for audio integration is key for us, we do recognize it's value and it's affinity with revenue.  We have several exciting initiatives planned for 2009 on enhancing the audio integration in general.  I'd be happy to share those with you under NDA now or later as we begin to publicly announce them

Thanks for raising your concerns, the Connect Pro Product team in general welcomes feedback to help us make the product including integration with 3rd platforms better.

Kind Regards,
Mark

Board footer