Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-10 16:48:01

**_Alan_**

Meeting Recordings

If I understand correctly...
While meetings are recorded and available for public viewing via the correct url, only a host or someone with password permission to the account may actually download the recording to their computer and then, if desired, burn it to a DVD.

It would be nice if the people who desire the recording for, let's say a permanent record, archive or cut-and-paste reel could be given permission to download and record it themselves--- perhaps via a specific password in addition to the recording url.

This would eliminate the need for the host (who does not want others to have broader account permissions) to do it him/herself.

A

#2 2009-03-11 17:54:53

**_eomedia_**

Re: Meeting Recordings

Hey Alan,

I think you have that right, however, anyone who is able to view a public meeting via a URL also has the ability to record that content quite easily with any number of available tools.  As someone who has to work with recorded meetings quite often I have found that the "make offline" option within Connect is exceedingly slow and limits my ability to get the recording in the specific format I need for a specific meeting.

Any public meeting is easily recorded/downloaded by the end user with any number of available tools, in our case we use the $25 total screen recorder software.  Open the meeting in your browser and let it run, use the recording software to capture the audio and video to AVI, MPG, Flash, etc.  The end quality is quite close to the original and acceptable for our needs, and the flexibility in end format is essential.

If the recording is one hour it takes one hour to capture it this way, however if you try to use the make offline option in our experience it can take much longer.

Just another option to look at.

Ryan Smith
ConferenceEdge

#3 2009-03-11 21:18:17

**_Alan_**

Ryan Thanks, great suggestion.

Can you recommend any particular software and source to obtain it....especially if it is only $25.

Thanks
Alan

#4 2009-03-11 22:19:27

**_eomedia_**

Hey Alan,

We use this product:  http://www.totalscreenrecorder.com

I guess it's $30 if you want the Gold version which we use, but it's $25 for the basic one.  It's generally been a great little program and the price is hard to beat.  We used to use Camtasia but we didn't really need  all the extra features it provided and the cost was too prohibitive because of that.

The great thing about the multiple format options is that in our case our clients often want to sell access to that recorded content and we can stream it from a windows media server, flash server, FTP or even a progressive web download if they want to deliver it that way.

Our company provides a SaaS platform for managing event registration and e-commerce among other things and we are able to take that recorded content, publish it to a source, allow people to register, pay and access that content for a limited or time period while hiding the source URL with our redirect technology.  If we could only provide it via Adobe's paradigm we'd be severely limited no matter how good it is, our clients just have too many special requirements.

Hope that helps.

Ryan
ConferenceEdge

#5 2009-03-11 23:09:14

**_Alan_**

Thanks Ryan, this is great.

Until such time as Adobe allows a user to download a (perhaps password protected) file directly, this is a wonderful stand alone option to recommend to a partner who wishes to make their own recordings.

Much appreciated,

Alan

#6 2012-10-10 09:53:04

**_SilentRunner_**

All the time you're talking about "making offline"... but, what about simple endusers, not admins and all others?

If I'm capable to see meetings, why can't I download them to review them again whenever I need? Seems we're going backwards instead of forward!

I'm loosing hours and hours using Camtasia to get what Adobe XXX (don't know the correct SW, but sure there will be at least on Adobe app) should provide endusers "de facto" (OOTB).

Kind Regards,
A frustrated student and enduser.

#7 2012-10-10 11:00:01

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Connect recordings are not made as traditional video files. They have always be set up as a re-creation of the meeting, thus there is no option to download them.

The host of your meetings or system admin could make and "offline" version, though it will be similar to your Camtasia recording. This is time consuming as it is a real-time conversion, but if there is a need then they may set up a process to do that and have those available for you and your peers.

#8 2012-10-10 11:35:32

**_Alan_**

Thank you All,

These responses seem to be a result of an earlier POST that was resolved.

The new issue is that the sound and video is totally out of synch when viewing on or offline.

Have a ticket into Premiere but any other insight would be fully appreciated.

A

Board footer