Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-11 13:30:07

**_Weisst_**

Allow Meeting Hosts create one time participant account

We have Connect 6 so I don;t know if this feature is in 7.   I'd be looking for a policy that requires all external participants (from the Internet) to enter a username and password (provided by the Meeting Host) in order to request entry into the meeting room.

This suggest allowing the Meeting Host to create one time participant accounts for his/her external participants.  These participant accounts disasppear after the meeting.

right now I see no way to verify that the Guest coming into the room is who he says he is, other than verification over an audio bridge.  or you'd need an administrator to create an account.  Leaving this management to the Meeting Host seems to make sense to me unless I'm not thinking clearly.

cheers,

Tony W.

#2 2009-02-12 05:23:36

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Allow Meeting Hosts create one time participant account

This is a feature of the Events module - you can ask attendees to pre-register, the meeting host can moderate whether to approve them (or you can skip this step), and an event guest account is created to be used for the specified event.

Another option is in Connect 7, there is a Limited Administrators role, but this could allow users to create permanent accounts for their attendees.

#3 2009-03-04 13:45:58

**_eomedia_**

Re: Allow Meeting Hosts create one time participant account

Weisst,

I'm not sure if you have the event module, but if you do you can do exactly what tlchurch suggested.  You can also look at a third party application such as ours, www.confereneEdge.com, which has integration with Connect.

In a system like ours you could set up a registration path that is specific to that meeting and when someone registers they can be set-up with a GUEST account and given permission to attend only that meeting.  Your meeting host will only have the ability to request accounts to be set-up for those meetings that they can see within Connect.

Best of luck.

Board footer