Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2022-04-26 19:05:43

joshbydeluxe

captivate and connect sdk

Hello community!

Curious to know if anyone has ever combined captivate and the connect sdk?

I am working on a project built in captivate 2019 and published to adobe connect. It's an interactive presentation and when I turn the sync off, it shows the playbar for participants. I’m looking to hide the playbar if they are not a host but haven't had any luck with getting the js library to work for me.

#2 2023-04-17 16:24:53

joshbydeluxe

Re: captivate and connect sdk

ok, it took some time but I was able to figure this out.

What's involved in making this work? Edits/creation of the following:
Breeze-manifest.xml requires multiple edits to include the new libraries and to set the document type. You will also need to point to the html and htm files below.
index.html requires edits to include/load the new libraries.
index_html5.htm will need to be created. this is an exact copy of index.html.
Instead of publishing to Connect, I publish to my pc, add in the new breeze-manifest, index, and libraries to the zip and then upload to the room.

Warning:
You will lose the ability to sync the pod. To allow navigation/sync, I added a forward and backward syncmsgs so when I move, my learners move with me.

What does this allow?
I am now able to create a captivate file, load in the libraries, add to to Connect. Once loaded, it will see if the user is a host. If so, it will show the navigation buttons as well as the facilitator notes. If the user is not a host, these are hidden. I am also able to show/hide the playbar depending on these factors. I'm sure other uses will come up but these were the main reasons I took on this project.

If you would like more info, feel free to post!

Board footer