Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-03-30 14:14:32

timdaugherty

Webcam/Mic issues (Windows using HTML)

I'm attempting to troubleshoot a presenter of mine for an upcoming event. She appears to have issues both with starting her computer-based mic and webcam. I'm able to get her connected via phone (telephony service integration) so I can navigate that issue.

However, I still can't get her webcam connected and the problems (for both webcam and mic) occur on two different computers (used that method to try and rule out the first computer).

Could her bandwidth be an issue? I'm not sensing any other issues. She ran through the diagnostics test with all green checks, has the current version of Edge and isn't on a virtual machine nor VPN. Oddly, she can use both the mic and webcam when using Webex.

Any thoughts?

#2 2021-03-30 17:08:33

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Webcam/Mic issues (Windows using HTML)

Is she joining in the browser or in the Connect App?

#3 2021-03-31 07:13:03

timdaugherty

Sorry, meant to include that. She's using the browser (we have limits on who can download and install apps so that's not an option).

She is using a Windows based PC and Edge. I confirmed she is using the most recent version of 89.0.774.63. We tried two different computers (one corporate, one personal) both with the same version of Edge. The only consistent items here (that I'm aware of) are the user and the network.

Tim

#4 2021-03-31 11:13:05

Jorma_at_CoSo

In the browser it is easy to tell it to block access to your mic/camera.

Mic+permissions+1+-+browser.JPG?download=Mic+permissions+1+-+browser.JPG

If blocked, Connect should give the red warning message at the top of the room and you can unblock it with the icon on the right of the address bar.

Mic+permissions+2+-+browser.JPG?download=Mic+permissions+2+-+browser.JPG

#5 2021-03-31 14:47:11

timdaugherty

Thank you. We're seeing a red box but not that message. It shows no mic detected -- when in fact they have one and use it with other systems. We have Webex as an enterprise system so people become perplexed when they join an Adobe Connect event and suddenly things don't work.

Good reminder on the red box, however. For this occasion, that only appears when attempting to connect their mic. I'm able to get them connected using a phone to bypass that issue (though not desirable).

With the webcam issue, we get nothing. No error message, nothing. They click to connect their cam and nothing happens.

#6 2021-04-01 12:38:50

timdaugherty

Solved (mostly): I met face-to-face with the individual so I could look at her devices myself. While I'm still not sure why BOTH devices were acting this way, it appears it was (as you mentioned) a permissions issue with her computers. That was being translated to her browsers. I know this as she didn't have Chrome installed on one device so I installed it from scratch and it still picked up the same issues.

With Adobe Connect open in her browser, I was able to adjust her settings to always allow both the microphone and webcams. After making the proper selections, I shut her browser off and relaunched. Problem solved.

One issue as I see it: her settings were set to "ask" for permission to use both the cam and mic. However, the browser wasn't offering that up to us. I'm wondering if Adobe Connect isn't triggering the response necessary to spawn that action. Not sure but I would have expected to see a dialogue box pop up asking if it was OK to use those devices in Adobe Connect or, more specifically, Chrome. Odd.

Appreciate the suggestions as it helped me further the diagnosis.

Tim

#7 2021-04-01 13:52:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

With the ability to have your browser settings sync'd across multiple devices, it could just be that her settings for the Connect domain stuck with her profile.

Glad you could solve it!

#8 2022-09-24 03:08:06

peache314

I have same issue..

Board footer