Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2022-08-29 13:41:17

eric_m

Adobe Connect 12 - Black Screen When Attempting Screenshare

Our hosted account updated to AC 12 over the weekend. Unfortunately an issue I discovered and pointed out during the "Enhanced Audio/Video Beta" is still occurring.

Any time I attempt to do a screenshare in an AC classroom my audience only sees a black pod. When I freeze the share to annotate users can see what I froze, but once I start the share again it goes back to black. It appears setting up the classroom in the "Standard" environment still works.

Alistair seemed to think it may be a VPN/Firewall thing when I pointed it out in a live session. That's all well and good, but we're a a rather large company that isn't going to ditch either of those things.

Anybody know if there are any efforts to make the enhanced features usable for those of us in larger corporate environments? is this on anybody's fix list yet?

#2 2022-08-29 17:16:20

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect 12 - Black Screen When Attempting Screenshare

It may be that your IT department needs to verify/allow the traffic to Connect. The technical details for this can be found here https://blogs.connectusers.com/connects … lassrooms/

It may also be a local security issue. Are you using a Mac or Windows computer?

#3 2022-08-30 09:39:53

eric_m

Thanks - I am running that solution by our networking folks and we'll see if they are willing to play ball. Looks like our issue is a network security app called Zscaler - when I turn it off the sharing seems to work.

#4 2022-09-01 04:39:15

John K.

I have seen similar problems been solved by whitelisting (Jormas link). If your IT folks prefer whitelisting by IP - EMEA/APAC and NA - IPs can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/firewall-proxy-server-configuration-adobe-connect.html

Board footer