Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2022-07-29 13:24:34

cuc1647544653

Adobe Connect Version Upgrades

Are there any lessons learned/best practices around Version Upgrades. We are scheduled to upgrade in early August and want be prepared of any potential issues. Thanks!

#2 2022-08-05 08:07:41

AndrewTechGuy

Re: Adobe Connect Version Upgrades

We were upgraded to 12.0 on 8/1, and here's what we learned:

• As you've probably heard, 12.0 comes with the Enhanced Audio and Video Experience, which has an "improved" recording framework. Recordings are not interactive, cannot be edited in the browser, and cannot be anonymized. These are total game-changers for us, so we've opted out of Enhanced Audio and Video Experience. To do this, log in to your Adobe Connect back end as an admin. Go to Administration > Compliance and Control > HTML Client Settings and select the radio button for "Force Standard View."

• Users now log in within the app rather than within the browser. This means that login information is stored on the desktop. We used to be able to open incognito tabs to login again if we made a mistake, but now that's not an option.

• The new login seems to be more participant-focused rather than host-focused. Because of that, we've had a few hosts accidentally enter as guests, and then, because the login is stored in the desktop application rather than the browser, it's almost impossible to log out as a guest and log back in as a host. Just make sure meeting hosts click the button for "Join as registered user", which is now at the bottom of the login screen

• If you use multiple logins for Adobe Connect, you should uncheck the box for "Remember me" when logging in. Otherwise, as mentioned above your login information will be stored on the desktop

• There is a way to log out now, but only for registered users. End the meeting, click "Join or Start Another Session," then there's a very tiny "Sign Out" button in the popup that appears. I think this "Sign Out" button only appears if you checked the box for "Remember me" when signing in.

• We did find one "back door" for registered users who accidentally log in as a guest and can't log out. Go back to the browser tab where it says "You have joined the session in the Adobe Connect app" and click "continue in browser." You'll then be able to log in via the browser.

I hope that helps! I'm curious, from people who are using the Enhanced Audio and Video Experience, have you actually noticed "increased resolution, clarity, smoothness, and reliability"?

#3 2022-09-05 10:55:42

jchesh

Hi Andrew,

When you say the login info is now stored on the desktop, do you know the actual location used?

Last edited by jchesh (2022-09-05 10:56:09)

#4 2022-09-06 14:44:02

jingeum

There is no option to change the resolution from 720p to 1080p when downloading an MP4 of a recording.

#5 2022-09-09 20:07:49

ranaday789

Every project like this is great, in my opinion. There are companies that require you to use a certain software for things like this and the fact that a lot of times you depend on a project maintained by the community is completely silly, especially in the case of a huge corporation like Adobe.
https://www.routerlogin.net/           
pikashow

Last edited by ranaday789 (2023-01-13 01:02:24)

#6 2022-09-16 07:59:30

AndrewTechGuy

Hi Jchesh, I don't know where on the computer the login is stored. I only know that if you click "Remember Me" when logging in on the desktop app, it's remembered regardless of which browser you use to launch Adobe Connect.

#7 2023-04-12 23:58:42

baburao656

We moved to subscription versions. It makes it easier to allocate the license cost directly to the business unit. When people ask “Is there a spare Acrobat license? We only need it for six months” we tell them what a 12 month sub for one user costs and if they approve we up our license count by one and assign it to that user.

Board footer