Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2022-03-09 09:21:29

Battenberg

Logged-In Users Joining Meetings as Guests

We have a timetabling website that links students to meetings in Connect according to the day/time and which class they're in.  Students used to join as Guests, but recently I've discovered the API and now log the students in to Connect from our website and pass the session ID along with the meeting URL when the student joins the class.

This worked perfectly for the vast majority of our students, but there are literally two or three of our students that are still appearing in meetings as Guests.  I made the change about three weeks ago, so I'd have thought that we'd be out of any caching period.  They're using the links on our website, rather than going, say, straight to the Connect app - they probably don't know the meeting URL.

Does anyone have any thoughts about why this is happening?  Do you think that turning off Guest access in the meeting settings would sort this out?

#2 2022-03-09 11:02:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Logged-In Users Joining Meetings as Guests

Is there any chance of getting the users to copy/paste the link they are using to get into the room? Maybe there is a condition that means they are using an old link. Maybe they bookmarked the old link or are using an old invite to get into the session?

Other than that, it may take getting Adobe Support to provide logs from the meeting to see how Connect saw those users joining the session.

If you no longer want Guest users to join the meeting you can block Guest access and it will force the issue. However, if they are somehow using links that are leveraging the Guest access method then you may end up creating support issues for yourself.

#3 2022-03-14 15:01:40

Battenberg

Re: Logged-In Users Joining Meetings as Guests

Thanks for the response.  As you've probably realised it's difficult to get feedback from users about what they're really doing, but one of the things I've wondered before is whether sometimes student browsers are caching our timetable page longer than they should.

I've just updated the headers on the page to make it more explicit that the browser shouldn't cache it - we'll see what happens!

Board footer