Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2022-02-01 06:59:56

Battenberg

Logs Kept for Guest Users?

Is it possible to see details of people who joined meetings as guests - e.g. times and IP addresses?

We had an incident yesterday where one of our students claimed that the person in a lesson with their name wasn't actually them, and we were wondering whether there's an accessible log of users that we could look at for a particular meeting?

#2 2022-02-07 17:39:43

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Logs Kept for Guest Users?

You should be able to get the meeting logs and see when someone joined and left a meeting. Users without an email or login ID will be the users who joined as a guest.

As to chasing the IPs, that is probably something that would likely take you a lot of time and bear no fruit. Adobe would have to pull the access logs or the logs for that meeting, if they are still on the servers, and then you could take whatever IP was listed for the user and try to chase it down. Odds are it will be some generic IP address from a router between Connect and the User and you will never really find the person who joined that way. But, you can always ask the Support team and see where that leads you.

#3 2022-02-08 07:13:58

Battenberg

Re: Logs Kept for Guest Users?

Thanks for responding.  Students log into our site and then click links on their timetable to go to Connect meetings so I was wondering whether we could match up the IP addresses from our records.

I'm meeting with the police cybercrime team later, so I'll see what they suggest.

Board footer