Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2022-01-31 05:23:28

ConnectDB

Adobe Connect Screen Sharing freezes for attendee in Google Chrome

Hi, without going too much into technical details, has anyone experienced issues with a screen sharing in Google Chrome?

What is needed to reproduce the issue:

1. Do the screen share from the Application.
2. Use another PC (or the same) and join the meeting using a Google Chrome browser (not an app, continue in the browser). Observe the screen share. Run some Youtube video, easier to follow.
3. Let it run for 15-200seconds. Click Ctrl+Shift+I in the browser and follow Console for the logs.

I get 'memory out of bounds' error. Screen share freezes on the frame. At some point it completely crashes.

I'm running on 11.4, though issue was there for 11.3 as well.
Issue is apparent on premise environment, but also on hosted platform as well (adobeconnect.com).

Apparently, not everyone is getting the issue, some of our customers are impacted, some not.
I have investigated my proxy settings, I've tried multiple configuration things on Chrome. I still don't understand what invokes the issue.

Please try it out yourselves and see, if you can recreate the issue.

#2 2022-02-17 02:17:24

ConnectDB

Re: Adobe Connect Screen Sharing freezes for attendee in Google Chrome

Ok, this one has some interesting patch, don't know, if this is really related, but we're monitoring:
https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2022/02/stable-channel-update-for-desktop.html

[$TBD][1269225] Low CVE-2022-0470: Out of bounds memory access in V8. Reported by Looben Yang on 2021-11-11

#3 2022-03-16 01:55:10

ConnectDB

Re: Adobe Connect Screen Sharing freezes for attendee in Google Chrome

Apparently, this Google Chrome patch has solved the problem.

Board footer