Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-14 15:12:33

Ignasi Lirio

Adobe Connect vs Connect Classic

Hello community!

There is something I don't yet understand. As lately my Adobe Connect app keeps freezing every once in a while for no reason, I decided to check my current version and update to see if that fix my problems. I checked out that I was using 11.0.6 version of the app.

Then, I manually downloaded again the app from Adobe's website.

The result is that now I got 2 apps in my Adobe Connect's folder: one is named "Adobe Connect Classic", that is about 31 MB in size, and then another app resulting from my download, named "Adobe Connect", that is 261 MB in size.

When I run a meeting from my browser as a URL, it always opens the "Classic" app.

If I manually open any of the apps, I see a different interface asking me for a meeting URL. When I introduce this information, another app window is launched with the login and meeting room.

But then, I don't know exactly which app I am running. everytime I check the version it appears always "Mac 2020.10.3.64", but I don't know if this one is the 261 MB app I just downloaded, or the Classic one.

I am a bit confused, could you please help me?

Thank you in advance,

Ignacio

#2 2021-01-14 19:41:51

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect vs Connect Classic

Ignacio,

Your version of Adobe Connect is 11.0.6, but the version of the App is going to be either Mac 2020.10.3.64 if you are in Classic mode in a meeting or Mac 2021.1.2 if you are in Standard mode in a meeting. This is because they are technically two different applications.

Classic mode is expected to go away with the release of Connect 11.5 in the middle of this year, so there may be an update to the App that removes that version from your computer as well.

The version of the room that you see when launching the App will depend on what you have set in Connect Central for the room. If the Application view is set to Classic mode, then you will get the Classic view when you launch the meeting in the App. If you set it to Standard mode, then you will get the new Standard view when you launch the meeting in the App.

I absolutely get the confusion. It's not the most obvious thing to sort out what the versions and settings always mean.

#3 2021-01-15 06:35:57

Ignasi Lirio

Thanks a lot for your valuable information!

But look that happened: I changed the settings of my meeting room so it only relies on Connect Standard app, never Classic. Afterwards, I enter the room again, from URL and browser. As usual, it asks me to join using app or browser. I choose app, then a pop-up appears asking for permission to open "Adobe Connect Classic". If I agree, it opens classic app anyway.

So I just removed Connect Classic from my system, leaving only Standard version. Then, I repeat again the same process, again I get the same pop-up asking me to open Adobe Connect Classic. If I agree, then nothing happens (I suppose browser is unable to find the app).

Is there something I am missing? How can I force the browser to call Connect Standard?

THANKS AGAIN!

#4 2021-01-15 11:57:28

alistairlee

Hi Ignasi,

Check out the default interface for your meeting room. It sounds like it is set to 'Classic'. The latest version of the Adobe Connect desktop apps (Windows and macOS) include both the Standard view and Classic view. I'm not sure why installing the latest version didn't remove your previous version.

#5 2021-01-15 14:33:31

Ignasi Lirio

My room is actually set as both Application Interface and Browser Interface to run only with Standard View. The Classic radio buttons are both unchecked.

#6 2021-10-29 04:20:59

emmarobbe

It didn't happen to me yet, but have you figured out how to handle that?

Thank you,
Web development team

Board footer