Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-10-11 14:57:26

nhk

Latest version of Adobe Connect 2021.9.28 - some help needed

Having installed this application on a MacBook Pro running macOS 11.6 and whenever I enter the university's online tutorials, the room enters under a web browser (Safari in my case) rather than the application. On my older iMac running macOS 10.15.7 and Adobe Connect 2021.3.27 the same online room open with the Adobe Connect application.

I don't know how to fix this.

Also - how do I delete Adobe Connect and why do I have Adobe Connect Classic on the MacBook Pro.

I have no idea why Adobe cannot post simple instructions to remove Adobe Connect so that I may do a clean install.

Appreciate some help from the user community.

#2 2021-10-20 11:55:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Latest version of Adobe Connect 2021.9.28 - some help needed

Your browser may have a cookie in place where you chose to open in the browser so it defaults to that when joining a meeting.

The Adobe Connect Classic is part of the app still since rooms can still be set to launch in Classic mode.

#3 2021-10-30 01:53:52

HelloHello

I have the same issue on a brand new macbok air and the latest adobe connect desktop software (downloaded and installed 26th Oct 2021). I was running BigSur, and have upgraded to Monterey (12.0.1) and the problem persists.

I don't believe it is a cookie problem, as even the adobe connect test page,
https://ou.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
shows the link to test in-browser adobe connect, together with a download adobe connect desktop link.

I suspect Adobe have not tested the detection javascript in the more recent safari/macos combinations.

#4 2022-01-27 04:08:42

nhk

My problem persists. I’m forced to use Adobe Connect with my iPad as the macOS implementation defaults to the browser with Monterey. It’s definitely not a cookie issue as I cleared out all the cookies and it doesn’t make a difference.

#5 2022-10-09 14:27:03

nhk

Resolved this matter on the Mac (whether M1 or Intel). It seems that the Adobe Installer doesn't create a directory called ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If this folder "LaunchAgents" is manually created in "~/Library/" then all that is required is to reinstall Adobe Connect and the Mac will then launch the Adobe Connect application from a URL instead of running it in a browser.

A simple fix, but ultimately a poor installation implementation by Adobe.

At least I have this matter resolved.

Board footer